• ...and so much more!
  • edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    If I recall, the Norma .22 lr offerings have an RWS headstamp. The subsonics group pretty well for me at 25 yds, about .25". It wasn't super consistent out of my Ruger or CZs, definitely not as consistent as SK or Lapua. I suspect that they are RWS that didn't make the cut for the R25 or R50 or whatever and kicked down to norma.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    i1NzXJc.jpg

(Target is measured in yards)

Norma has probably kept me shooting for most of this covid crap really, very consistent ammo IMHO. I need to get a chronograph at some point. Never had any issues with shipping either and I was aware of the disclaimer.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    If I recall, the Norma .22 lr offerings have an RWS headstamp. The subsonics group pretty well for me at 25 yds, about .25". It wasn't super consistent out of my Ruger or CZs, definitely not as consistent as SK or Lapua. I suspect that they are RWS that didn't make the cut for the R25 or R50 or whatever and kicked down to norma.
    Yes, it is RWS. As far as whether it is a higher grade that didn't make the cut, very possible, since that is what most (if not all) of the European rimfire manufacturers do. And sometimes they've got a bunch of good stuff and need lower grades, so at times you get good stuff at a lower price!

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Norma is top notch. Their rifle brass is excellent and very consistent. I regularly shot 1/2-3/4 moa with my custom 6.5 loads on Norma brass at 1k, and engaged several 1-mile targets using their brass. Pristine flash holes, consistent neck thickness. Great stuff.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Norma is top notch. Their rifle brass is excellent and very consistent. I regularly shot 1/2-3/4 moa with my custom 6.5 loads on Norma brass at 1k, and engaged several 1-mile targets using their brass. Pristine flash holes, consistent neck thickness. Great stuff.
    I was wondering about the brass quality. I've been buying their 7.62x39 ammo for reloading purposes after I have some fun shooting it.

Guns&engines

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    I was told their brass is good, but I wasn't too impressed with the 308 that I got. I only got 3 reloadings before the primer pockets were too loose. After that experience, several friends said they weren't surprised because Norma brass tends to be soft?

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Norma is all I have been buying lately. Plenty accurate, slightly hot and about as dirty as Federal. I have been buying directly from them. Free shipping over $150 and in stock. 124gr 9mm at about $0.30 a round and 38spl about $0.46... not great but bearable compared to what is being sold by my pre-covid online goto stores which are currently smoking crack.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    New 9mm ammunition from Norma.
    Interesting. But since so many of these non-traditional bullets end up being just a gimmick, I'll wait for the indepedent test results.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Same here. Youtube will test them soon I'm sure.
    I got that email also. Am interested in following as specs are interesting:
    65 gr bullet
    Muzzle Velocity: 1,730 fps
    Muzzle Energy: 432 ft. lbs.

would like to see what they do in a short barrel (3-3.5”) and if felt recoil is better than a traditional JHP.

Have been carrying 124 gr HP in my shorter barreled pistols

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I got that email also. Am interested in following as specs are interesting:
    65 gr bullet
    Muzzle Velocity: 1,730 fps
    Muzzle Energy: 432 ft. lbs.

would like to see what they do in a short barrel (3-3.5”) and if felt recoil is better than a traditional JHP.

Have been carrying 124 gr HP in my shorter barreled pistols
    Did you watch the ballistic gel test? It was bare so I'll wait and see how much penetration it has vs layers of denim.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I was told their brass is good, but I wasn't too impressed with the 308 that I got. I only got 3 reloadings before the primer pockets were too loose. After that experience, several friends said they weren't surprised because Norma brass tends to be soft?
    The Norma brass I've loaded has ranged from extremely tight primer pockets to just about normal. I've not shot it enough yet to see if or how much it loosens up over time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was in the Greenwood RK a couple of days ago and they had some of their TAC-22 ammo but it was $89.99 for 500 rounds. I don't know if that's a normal price or not, but it seems really expensive to me!
    From what I am told the Norma in .22 is supposed to be seriously accurate. I have a lot of it bought when I built my Serious rifle to play with accuracy of that caliber. Never got to run it or the ammo so I don’t know 1st hand. I should probably sell it off as I will never use it.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I have 10 boxes of the 180gr .308 Oryx ammo, and some of the old wooden graphic box .3006 200gr ( and .38 special ).

None of my stuff is set up for it.
    I run 165 in my .3006.
    Standard 150 in my .308 and dont own a .38 special.

Got it cheap from an estate sale.
    Cheap enough to give it a whirl, or trade for other ( or keep for down the road...guy never knows what rifle or pistol will come along ).

Top Bottom