• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    There will always be someone complaining about necroposting, but the vast majority of us (including the entirety of the staff) have no problem with reviving a dead thread with a useful and relevant comment.

That there is where the problem lays, thread revival can be a very good thing, especially if it was a very informative thread.
    Merely reviving because they felt the need to shout out that "WOW I could have a had a V8" with out any real substance to provide or valuable insight to the thread is where problems are created.

As some have already stated, I don't have a problem with necroposting if they have something useful to add. Noobs are also given grief for creating new threads on the same topics over and over by some old-timers. :fogey: Can't blame them for interpreting that as a license to use existing threads instead. Hopefully, they will have read some of the info in the old thread and learned from it. :oldwise:

Noobs are given a long leash by me except when it's an obvious attempt to try and fly to the classifieds (I verify by checking their available posts and there timeline). Thread revival is almost a given by them because of a couple of things, newness to the forum and them not knowing that V-Bulletin has a crappy search function.

medic67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Columbus IN
    I admit, I have brought back a few threads from the dead. My defense is, I searched a topic, found the thread and posted. Never having looked at the dates. I never look at the dates, my bad I suppose.

Top Bottom