• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I have no problem with any of the Holosun products I've had, and really, really like them.

But I don't like supporting China. Which is nearly impossible to avoid entirely these days. But it can be done if you try hard enough on some things.

I need another red or green dot for an AR and don't really care about the price. My problem is finding something that can compare even on just a very few basic things to the Holosuns I've come to really like. For this particular one I was going to go with one of the Holosun 530 variants.

This optic is basically a more modernized improved aimpoint t2.

Main features:

30mm window
    50k++ battery life
    Titanium housing
    6.5oz
    Multi reticle system
    Auto on-off
    T2 footprint

I could get by sacrificing nearly all of this except just the 30mm window size, light weight, and auto on/off. If Eotechs weren't 50% heavier I'd even sacrifice the t2 footprint and battery life and just keep the large window.

The Trijicon MRO is the only thing I've seen close but it has such an absolute horrid reputation I don't even want to go through the motions to try to find a good one.

If there's even a prism, 1x or I guess even 3x i could consider for now - I'd even go that route.

I just want a non-chinese 30ish mm window tube with a decent battery life that doesn't weigh nearly as much as an acog and hopefully has a t2 footprint.

Is there anything even close to this in existence? Sig doesn't count because Chinese parts assembled in the US are still Chinese products basically..

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I honestly don't believe there are any electronic parts for red dots made in the usa. Good or bad, over seas has the market for any electronic circuits. They seem to know electronics. There is alot of **** poor made stuff done on purpose over greed and then stuff made with quality components.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sig doesn't count because Chinese parts assembled in the US are still Chinese products basi

have you looked at the Sig Romeo4xt-pro? I think they advertise the only 1 circuit board is outsourced and it comes from Japan. The rest according to Sig is US made. I have one and really like it. Runs on 1 AAA and if you buy good rechargeables then batterys are a non issue even if you leave it in there for long periods. Alkaline batterys leak over time. It's not titanium but is everything else you listed. I have mine on a Scalarworks mount. It's taller than the T2 so keep that in mind if you plan to run a magnifier and a non OEM mount.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I honestly don't believe there are any electronic parts for red dots made in the usa. Good or bad, over seas has the market for any electronic circuits. They seem to know electronics. There is alot of **** poor made stuff done on purpose over greed and then stuff made with quality components.

Not true

There are none that means his requirements, but there are american made options.

AMG stands for American Manufacturing Group.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    have you looked at the Sig Romeo4xt-pro? I think they advertise the only 1 circuit board is outsourced and it comes from Japan. The rest according to Sig is US made. I have one and really like it. Runs on 1 AAA and if you buy good rechargeables then batterys are a non issue even if you leave it in there for long periods. Alkaline batterys leak over time. It's not titanium but is everything else you listed. I have mine on a Scalarworks mount. It's taller than the T2 so keep that in mind if you plan to run a magnifier and a non OEM mount.
    It's 20mm, otherwise I'd have looked into that more as I've never heard that regarding the circuit board thing.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's 20mm, otherwise I'd have looked into that more as I've never heard that regarding the circuit board thing.
    Oh, I guess I didn't read the specs right. My bad. Anyway it's been a good optic. I've moved it around a bit, it currently sits on my .300 BO pistol. But it's been reliable at least for the plinking I've been doing. I've never used it in a carbine course or anything but it's got pretty good overall reviews.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Not sure exactly what your looking for, but this article might help.

From my post earlier i said i didn't know of any electronic parts that weren't made overseas meaning china or that area. I read about the vortex looking and didn't see any parts source country origin. From your link to another article, it said everything was usa made except the hologram which was made in the uk. Thats all good, but where are the hologram parts sourced from? Probably from the china region.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    I have no problem with any of the Holosun products I've had, and really, really like them. But I don't like supporting China. Which is nearly impossible to avoid entirely these days.

Buy a used version of a Holosun optic you like? Then you're not directly supporting China, just recycling someone else's support for them? Slightly clearer conscience and still get the product you know and want?

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Buy a used version of a Holosun optic you like? Then you're not directly supporting China, just recycling someone else's support for them? Slightly clearer conscience and still get the product you know and want?

That's what I've done several times lately for other Holosun products but when someone compared that to the drug users buying their fix from a local 'secondhand' supplier - rather the cartel themselves - is it really any different?

I mean it kind of is, but the person I buy the Holosun 530 from might just use the money I've now provided them to get a different holosun, or easier to make sense to me is that by directly aiding the second hand market I'm still bolstering Holosuns products by providing a second hand market for the people who do buy them originally. If nobody bought them second hand unless they tanked by like 90% of msrp rather just 30% or so perhaps way less people would support them to begin with because nobody likes buying a product that loses nearly all of its value the second you buy it.

I don't know. I really just want another 530 but wish so badly the MRO didn't suck or there was any other non-chinese alternative with just the few things I really really want. It's incredible that there isn't an alternative with just those few things.

Top Bottom