• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    What Simon doesn't know won't hurt them. And I've heard that the Simon mall mall cops unofficially like having LTCH carriers there, but officially they have to eject you.

Simon mall cops are funny... in High School my friend was, in Simon's terms, "Banished for Life from all Simon Properties"... he's now a Simon mall cop.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    They probably think that's a new term for "hoodlum". :rolleyes:

On the few occasions I go to the mall, if it's wintertime, I'll often be wearing a hoodie AND a pistol. They will only see one of these. I've yet to be told to leave.

Blessings,
    B

Haha, ask a Simon Mall Cop for their rule card sometime... they'd hand them to us every day of the week, every week of the year in high school as we'd go to the Mall every day and stay there from either open to close on the weekends, or as soon as we got there after school until close...

If you don't buy something in 15 minutes, it's considered loitering and you "must" leave or buy something. Ha!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Haha, ask a Simon Mall Cop for their rule card sometime... they'd hand them to us every day of the week, every week of the year in high school as we'd go to the Mall every day and stay there from either open to close on the weekends, or as soon as we got there after school until close...

If you don't buy something in 15 minutes, it's considered loitering and you "must" leave or buy something. Ha!

My 9 year old daughter got popped by a Simon mall cop for wearing Heelies. We taught her how to keep her eyes peeled and just stop skating when she sees one. She's not hurting anyone and she's not doing anything illegal, so I say screw 'em.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    I'll open carry the next time I have to pick someone up. I don't really care if anybody's antsy about it or not. I would be within my rights and following the letter of the law.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I have seen the mall cops ask people to un-hood.

What does that involve...learning to use those remarkable devices called belts? Gaining several IQ points? Speaking in something that actually resembles the English language? Starting to spend more on the education of one's child than on gold rims, car stereos, monster trucks, X-Box 360s, etc? Actually knowing who and where all your children are, and becoming involved with their lives? Maybe even..getting an actual..... :nailbite: *job* ?!? :lmfao:

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    My 9 year old daughter got popped by a Simon mall cop for wearing Heelies. We taught her how to keep her eyes peeled and just stop skating when she sees one. She's not hurting anyone and she's not doing anything illegal, so I say screw 'em.

Yeah but a lot of kids with heelies don't pay any damn attention to what they are doing, so I can understand them being against them... plus they make you more likely to injure yourself than walking, and from an insurance stand point I can also see them not wanting them used... HOWEVER at least at Greenwood mall there are no fewer than THREE stores that sell them... so heh.

Just like when friends of mine were banished from the mall in high school... we ALL worked at various stores in the mall, and they were banning people "for life" that WORKED at stores in the mall... Simon's security is just a joke.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    And your daughter's heelies are permanently attached to her feet, right? Does she realize that if you guys ever fly anywhere, she'll be flying first class in the luggage compartment?

I'm ok with that.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Got this answer back.

Thank you for the additional information regarding your feedback.. According to our Police Department, you need written permission from the Indianapolis Airport Authority Executive Director to carry firearms or explosives on airport property. This is based on Airport Ordinance 1-1986 Section 2.13 below. This is the reasoning for the sign wording on the sliding doors. Please let me know if you would like to get written permission from the Executive Director and I can figure out the steps it would take to do so.

Thank you,
    Katie

I will post the reply when I get the information.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Got this answer back.

Thank you for the additional information regarding your feedback.. According to our Police Department, you need written permission from the Indianapolis Airport Authority Executive Director to carry firearms or explosives on airport property. This is based on Airport Ordinance 1-1986 Section 2.13 below. This is the reasoning for the sign wording on the sliding doors. Please let me know if you would like to get written permission from the Executive Director and I can figure out the steps it would take to do so.

Thank you,
    Katie

What? Nonsense.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Got this answer back.

Thank you,
    Katie

Um, unless that ordinance pre-dates 1996 (IIRC) would not State law preempt it?

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I actually would like to know what the deal with this now is? I was planning on flying to Northern Virginia and check one of my guns. Now this sounds that they may be able to give you a hard time when you want to declare it at the counter

Top Bottom