• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is anyone else having trouble with sound on Youtube? I've tried several videos and both Firefox and Explorer, and I get nothing. I tried a video from another site, and it works fine. Ran through the speaker test on my PC and everything looks good. One thing I did notice was that the little speaker icon at the bottom of the Youtube videos has an "X" beside it, but it doesn't allow me to do anything with it. Anyone have any suggestions?

piker75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    The X means the sound is muted in the browser. Either:
    1. click on speaker/X
    OR
    2. hover over it...When a slider bar appears, grab the bar & slide to the right.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The X means the sound is muted in the browser. Either:
    1. click on speaker/X
    OR
    2. hover over it...When a slider bar appears, grab the bar & slide to the right.

Well crap... :ugh: I had tried clicking on the speaker icon itself to no avail, but hovering over it revealed that the slider bar was indeed set to 0. I'm not sure, but I would imagine that my cat had something to do with that! :): I've told her over and over again that she's not to use my computer without my permission, but does she listen? NO! I even re-installed Adobe Flash Player. Thank you!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    My son had the same issue yesterday morning. I checked volume, it wasn't muted. He showed me how it wasn't muted on youtube either. Not sure how he fixed it but it was working about 5 minutes after I walked out of his room

Top Bottom