• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I go to a lot of GS's - will continue to do so. Prices will come back to near normal in the future and the panic buying will go away. In the meantime I am always looking for items that fit in my hobby. Last gun show at Lafayette a couple weeks ago, I purchased 5K Winchester LR mag primers for $170, 500 new .223 62 gr bullets for $90 and an old Weaver US made 3 X 9 rifle scope for $10. None of these prices were excessive considering the current market. Besides I always enjoy looking at all the old guns and some of the new. I almost always learn something at the shows about some older guns. I usually enjoy talking to some of the people, and its a SHOW - not just a market!

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    I still go for the amusement factor. I can literally people watch all day. It is one of my true joys in life. Outside of an occasional ammo purchase I haven't bought anything in a couple of years, but I do enjoy the humor of the shows.

jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville
    I enjoy looking at the number of old Winchesters at shows. Funny, I have never bought a gun at a gun show. I can't count the number of pocketknives I have bought at gun shows.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I have concluded the following, those that are not well informed will pay top dollar. I have seen folks that don't own a firearm buying bullets and not knowing which ones to get, and pay $30 for a $6 box.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    I can't complain, I got my carry piece off a guy walking around at the last Indy 1500. There are still some deals out there, along with some blind luck.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Everyone has an opinion about gun shows and you know what they say about opinions.

I stopped going to gun shows. You have to put up with a lot of crap just to participate in any of the larger shows. Then if you are lucky and have the will to fight for hours of looking through overpriced crap you "might" find a deal.

Like has been said gun shows will be their own demise. But you will always have the uniformed, the diehards and those poor panic stricken souls that will never stop going.

Guns are just a hobby and way of providing self defense for me. If prices keep going nuts, demand remains outrageous and fear mongering rampant I will just stop the hobby part. I don't need all the bull crap associated with the sport / hobby part of it (that which was enjoyable at one time). I can always walk away without going through withdraws.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Well........:rolleyes:
    I went.....:):.....an' I seen.....:):......Geeeeeeezzzzzz.......LMAO!....:D

Got there 'bout 3......left at close.....personly.....I did'n see much,if ANYthing leave gunwise......some access'ries,some ammo.....LOT'a blades(cheap'os,mainly.....) leave'n......3-400 bux for simple single shot .22's.....and beatup,sort'a.....OLD 1's.....:rolleyes:

I'd say.....they'a be carry'n most they inventory OUT at the end o' the day tomorrow......an' load'n it back up.....:):

Jbondmonroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Columbus
    So if some dumba** walks into a school with a Cold Steel machete and does the unthinkable, is the price of those going to double?
    I just think its b.s. I work construction and WORK HARD. I have a short tolerance for lazy people. These are the same kind of people that would sue for the dumbest reasons just so they don't have to get up off their big a** and do something for once. That's just my opinion.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    So if some dumba** walks into a school with a Cold Steel machete and does the unthinkable, is the price of those going to double?
    I just think its b.s. I work construction and WORK HARD. I have a short tolerance for lazy people. These are the same kind of people that would sue for the dumbest reasons just so they don't have to get up off their big a** and do something for once. That's just my opinion.

:yesway:.....yeah that.....hahahaha.....me as well.....self-employ'd.....no bennie's,unemployment.....NONE o' that stuff,lol!.....:):

All'a guns I seen there......GROSSly overpriced......some nice stuff there but.......s***......

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    I too have slowed down a little going to Gun shows. I only go when I am in need of a certain thing. Ammo/guns are not the only things at these shows and I have bought other things like camo pants,blankets ect.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    My gunshow visits in early 2012 were great. I bought below market value every time, found what I was looking for every time, and the crowds weren't bad at all. From 2009-2011, packed house, crap for inventory and prices were too high.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I still go because of the Catalog Value of the Show. Sometimes I'll find some items I have on my collectors list, but even these items have left the Shows. I don't buy much any more since Carter was in office.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I still go because of the Catalog Value of the Show. Sometimes I'll find some items I have on my collectors list, but even these items have left the Shows. I don't buy much any more since Carter was in office.
    Carter? Seriously? Did they even have gun shows back then? And I thought I was old!:D

Top Bottom