• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    It took me forever to figure out what the "marathon badges" were for. You know, the stickers with a random number on them?

bump_big_26.2_plain.jpg

Even now that I know the purpose is to make sure everyone knows you've completed a marathon (because what's the point of completing a marathon if people don't know you did), I feel like they're pretty ridiculous. You can buy them anywhere, and it's not like anyone verifies your story. I wanted to get one just on the offhand someone asks me about it.

"What? Oh, no, I don't run. That's my record for number of tacos eaten in one minute."

Huh. I thought that was their favorite digital TV channel. 13.1 is WTHR in Indy, 59.1 is FOX, 4.1 is WTTV, etc.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    ive seen the CC ones before and "knew" that it was for Cross Country. The OC one on the other hand Im not sure ........

I do like the 5.56 one though, would like a 50bmg one to put on my beater of a truck. Yes, I am one of those people that have guns worth more than one my truck.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Even now that I know the purpose is to make sure everyone knows you've completed a marathon (because what's the point of completing a marathon if people don't know you did), I feel like they're pretty ridiculous. You can buy them anywhere, and it's not like anyone verifies your story. I wanted to get one just on the offhand someone asks me about it.

I think they're just showing you that running is their hobby. The same reason people have "I'd rather be fishing!" bumper stickers, or the Browning deer, NRA, how many kids they have, truck nuts, "Obama 2008" or any other bumper sticker. Every single one of them is equally pretentious.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    It took me forever to figure out what the "marathon badges" were for. You know, the stickers with a random number on them?

bump_big_26.2_plain.jpg

"What? Oh, no, I don't run. That's my record for number of tacos eaten in one minute."

If I ever finished a marathon or a half marathon you're damn right I'd have a sticker on my car. Its a major achievement.

On a side note..I would LOVE to get one that says 0.25 and has a silhouette of a funny car popping a wheelie underneath of it.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I think they're just showing you that running is their hobby. The same reason people have "I'd rather be fishing!" bumper stickers, or the Browning deer, NRA, how many kids they have, truck nuts, "Obama 2008" or any other bumper sticker. Every single one of them is equally pretentious.

Said it better than I could.

Top Bottom