• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I just got of the phone with the NFA about my suppressor, not happy. I went pending July 5th, they just said that it should be completed in January. This was after I was told that it should be done in November. :xmad:

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    When did you send your forms in? All of mine have taken 6-7 months from the day I send my forms away. I have found it best to send them in and "forget about them" for 6 months. My last one came in about 2 weeks before I expected to, and that made for a nice surprise when Andrew of Profire sent me a PM. It seems the more you call and anticipate the more impatient you become.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Keep in mind that the contractors that the ATF had hired to help the examiners had contracts that ended on Sept 30th. With the new fiscal year the ATF does not know if they have the budget to rehire the contractors....:twocents:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm in the same boat. I've got a bad ass 9mm AR sitting in my safe with a pistol receiver extension, that in my opinion, renders it useless. Best to just sit back, and put it out of your mind.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Hoping to start my paperwork (for the first time) at the end of the month. Excited but know it'll be a long wait before I get to take the can home.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    ^^^^ THIS!!

I went pending the exact same day. I called a couple of weeks back and was told end of december or early january. Guess what, my forms showed up yesterday! 6 months door to door, 5 months from pending.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Been waiting 9 months so far since I bought a can not in stock from a shop. Absolutely ridiculous for a safety device. Just one more example of the inefficiency of our government and it's criminal behavior.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    What I did is bought the can first.
    Then I can casually pass the 6 or 7 months finding a suitable 9mm handgun with threaded barrel and a decent source of 147 gr hollow point sub sonic ammo.
    You can kill 6 months pretty easily looking for that stuff and it makes the wait for the suppressor seem shorter.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Just don't get mad at your dealers. They don't have control over the NFA process at the federal level. Patience is a virtue in the NFA field. Sellers appreciate their buyers understanding, trust me.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Just don't get mad at your dealers. They don't have control over the NFA process at the federal level. Patience is a virtue in the NFA field. Sellers appreciate their buyers understanding, trust me.

Not the dealers fault at all. The government, now that's a different story.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    I have 2 out one sent in in August and one mail beginning of November... Next summer is gonna be FUN

Top Bottom