• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Hopefully they are smart enough to realize that they are in a crapton of trouble for the supressors and dump them rather than trying to sell them. I would he fairly suprised if they could figure out the ammo for the 300BLK (does it have a caliber mark and/or was loaded?). Im sure with the other break ins and the NFA goodies stolen that the IMPD will be busting ass to recover it all before something horrible happens.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Hopefully they are smart enough to realize that they are in a crapton of trouble for the supressors and dump them rather than trying to sell them. I would he fairly suprised if they could figure out the ammo for the 300BLK (does it have a caliber mark and/or was loaded?). Im sure with the other break ins and the NFA goodies stolen that the IMPD will be busting ass to recover it all before something horrible happens.

I would be more concerned that they have use for nefarious purposes on their minds. After all, they have already satisfactorily demonstrated their criminal inclinations.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    I would be more concerned that they have use for nefarious purposes on their minds. After all, they have already satisfactorily demonstrated their criminal inclinations.

Smash and grabs are usually about quick cash. If they are connected most likely they will sell on the street (or just dump). They will quickly realize no pawn shop is going to buy them...and just bringing them in is going to alert the police quickly. (or at least it should...sometimes forget were taking Marion county here :rolleyes:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

Ah yes, but most people think supressors are 100% illegal, and therefore the punishment for possessing them is crazy (thankfully that part is true), also since they are fairly rare and not the sort of thing Joe Smash and Grab sees outside of the movie, he isn't going to have a clue what to do with them, and thinks that merely having them, even if they weren't stolen, is going to earn him hundreds of years behind bars.

Of course I could be wrong, and the their could be some insane bank robber, Hitman, or guy who wants to hang out in a Valpo real estate office for a day, and things could get bad fast. In which case, we know who to blame for Indiana's newest body armored, silent assassin.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Ouch man!

Things like this help me explain to my friends why my vehicles stay locked (even though it didn't help in this case), even when in my parents driveway, or just running in to a store, or carrying items into my apartment in multiple trips. It doesn't take long for a smash and grab.

Hopefully they'll get caught quickly and punished, though I hold little hope for actual "justice" from the system nowadays.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Well this sucks! I hate thieves with a passion. Whomever did these crimes will most likely get busted. Thieves are stupid low life looser's. That is why they usually get popped. Another good thing with this is with a IMPD car being involved it will most likely get added attention and urgency.

Crap I bet my prints are on some of those items!!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I would bet they knew you were a dealer. They've probably had a face to face with you. Next young punk you see who chats it up with you with a smirk on his face ... that may be the perp. If I'm right about them knowing you, they won't be able to resist "returning to the scene of the crime."

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    I feel your loss as I had an SBR with a can smashed and grabbed out of my Jeep in front of Popguns last Christmas eve. Still no word on mine. Open Season, maybe?? :xmad:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Whew.......man. This is not good. I'll put the word out to a couple of my friends in low places and post the s/n's on my Facebook, too. I work at banks all over Indy and this is the kind of crap that makes me worry. I hope you get all of it back, and maybe the cops will Mozambique this a hole when they catch him.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    No updates at the moment. It won't affect my license, I've submitted the correct paperwork to the BATFE, (separately and in duplicate to the NFA branch), IN State Police, IMPD, and NICS unit for Indy. Just a pain in the butt. Just waiting for the recovery phone call.... hopefully.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    That is horrible!

Hopefully they get caught and quick. It's a bummer that some items easily went of ether like the Glock and the Osprey. Hopefully they can't figure the blackout AR out and dump it before its used in crimes. This really sucks because I can see a Glock .45 with a can being a high end status symbol for some thug! Hopefully they'll take it to Dons Gins to see about some gold plating and get caught on video!

Not to sound too self centered but when I saw the subject line I cringes inside a little about my toy sitting in your safe!

Whats scary is if these items end up getting used in multiple robberies or murders.

Imagine the press if a group of criminals use a bunch of NFA items in murders. :biggun:

@ the OP, I hope you get all your stuff back bro... this sucks to hear.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Will the NRA insurance also cover these items?

FYI this is the second INGO FFL that fire arms stolen out of there trucks in their driveway in the last six months (in Marion County)... just note worthy that's all.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Whats scary is if these items end up getting used in multiple robberies or murders...

Really think about it. The kind of people who stole these, truly may fire one round of supersonic through a can and say "this thing must be broke".

I hope that they have some 9mm that is threaded 1/2 x 28 and take some Huntertown arms shrapnel in the face by firing through a .22 can.

Top Bottom