• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Unoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    I am soon to make my own private living trust and It'll house all my future NFA firearm items.

Are there any dealer sin indiana that sell suppressors, etc?

Or does that even matter? Can a suppressor be mailed to my house if I have the stamp tax? Or must I, as the trustee have it go from a NFA item dealer to my FFL? Or do I have to drive to the dealer itself?

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka, and ZX Guns in Goshen are both class 3 dealers and can help you.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I am soon to make my own private living trust and It'll house all my future NFA firearm items.

Are there any dealer sin indiana that sell suppressors, etc?

Or does that even matter? Can a suppressor be mailed to my house if I have the stamp tax? Or must I, as the trustee have it go from a NFA item dealer to my FFL? Or do I have to drive to the dealer itself?

When purchasing NFA items, you must go through a Class III dealer, they cannot be shipped directly to you. Judging from your post I think you may be confused as to how this thing works. You don't pay a one time tax that covers all things NFA. The tax is paid on the transfer of each and every item you purchase. The only time you don't need to go through a dealer would be if you bought an NFA item from a private seller in your own state. Then you would just file the Form4, no dealer needed. You do need a dealer to buy anything new that would be shipped from the manufacturer or stocked on your dealer's shelves. The Class III dealer wouldn't be able to transfer any item to your local FFL. Most ordinary gun shops do not deal in NFA firearms thus they do not have the proper license to do the transfers. The only way to get into the game is to find a good Class III dealer and you'll have to make the trip to his shop to pick the thing up.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    When purchasing NFA items, you must go through a Class III dealer, they cannot be shipped directly to you. Judging from your post I think you may be confused as to how this thing works. You don't pay a one time tax that covers all things NFA. The tax is paid on the transfer of each and every item you purchase. The only time you don't need to go through a dealer would be if you bought an NFA item from a private seller in your own state. Then you would just file the Form4, no dealer needed. You do need a dealer to buy anything new that would be shipped from the manufacturer or stocked on your dealer's shelves. The Class III dealer wouldn't be able to transfer any item to your local FFL. Most ordinary gun shops do not deal in NFA firearms thus they do not have the proper license to do the transfers. The only way to get into the game is to find a good Class III dealer and you'll have to make the trip to his shop to pick the thing up.
    This would be a good sticky in an NFA forum...

:):

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Woo Hoo! I got me a supporter!!!!!!!:cheers:
    :rockwoot:

I don't know if a dedicated NFA forum is needed right now, but it wouldn't hurt if there was a sticky at the top of the General Discussions forum that had a lot of the basic questions answered and such. Maybe you should write up a good info thread and have one of the mods sticky and lock it in that forum?

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    :rockwoot:

I don't know if a dedicated NFA forum is needed right now, but it wouldn't hurt if there was a sticky at the top of the General Discussions forum that had a lot of the basic questions answered and such. Maybe you should write up a good info thread and have one of the mods sticky and lock it in that forum?

I did just that on another forum. Check it out:
    NFA FAQ's - TheFiringLine Forums
    As far as it being 'needed', this is a Gun Owners site, yet this area of gun ownersip isn't looked upon as being a 'needed' area of discussion. To me, that kind of mirrors the general attitude towards NFA ownership. However, we do have a nice SHTF forum...:scratch:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Not bad. Take all of that and throw it in one post, and see if you could get a mod to sticky it.

I'll just wait patiently until the day comes that there may be an NFA forum on this site. Hell, I'd even throw myself under the bus and voulnteer to look after it.... It just seems to me that NFA ownership is the most misunderstood area of firearm ownership. There are so many myths and misbeliefs about it, it deserves some attention to assure that we NFA owners don't have our rights sacrificed any more than they already are. It is our duty to educate others in this area to keep it from being even more restricted.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I'll just wait patiently until the day comes that there may be an NFA forum on this site. Hell, I'd even throw myself under the bus and voulnteer to look after it.... It just seems to me that NFA ownership is the most misunderstood area of firearm ownership. There are so many myths and misbeliefs about it, it deserves some attention to assure that we NFA owners don't have our rights sacrificed any more than they already are. It is our duty to educate others in this area to keep it from being even more restricted.
    Yea. I understand the basics of most of it, but I still get confused with the logic behind an AOW vs SBS.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg

Couldnt agree more...i need to learn more about it, but cant afford one right now so i havent read up on it.

Unoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Exactly the info I wanted. Guess I'll find a local C3 dealer.

I have my trust setup. so I just gotta buy the item I want and do a form 4 and send copy of my trust to BATFE. No CLEO signoff or fingerprints yay

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    When you send your stuff in, be sure to include your Declaration of Trust, Certification of Trust, and a Schedule A, even if it is blank. Oh, and you need to include the Form4 in duplicate....

Unoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    When you send your stuff in, be sure to include your Declaration of Trust, Certification of Trust, and a Schedule A, even if it is blank. Oh, and you need to include the Form4 in duplicate....

I find it funny they require a Dec of trust that lists all my people and all the current objects account numbers etc in a trust. Thats no need for them to know. But I made one specific for nfa firearms but I still had to list beneficiaries etc.

What are the chances of me dying and NFA going to my beneficiaries and claiming they have to turn in those NFA items.. hah

Top Bottom