• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Like I said, I have a Nexus 7, - 2013 and it seems like it doesn't have time for me.
    It's like it's busy doing its own thing and I can't get it to do what I want.

Either that or something else is running in the background taking priority.
    I have shut it off and restarted it but that seldom helps.

I believe it is updated to the latest version.
    My cellphone (also Android) never seems to have these problems.

What could be the cause?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Have you tried a factory reset to get everything off of it and back to the defaults?

Could it be that the latest and greatest OS is too much for the hardware? I know Apple limits its OSes to appropriate hardware (an iphone 4s wont go above ~9.4.5, and the current version is 10.2) but I dont know if Androids also do that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My 2012 Nexus 7 doesn't like lolipop much either. Always thinking/downloading/etc. It's a shame, hate to go backwards with the OS.

What is the latest and greatest in a new 7-8" Android tablet selling in the $200 range?

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    My 2012 Nexus 7 doesn't like lolipop much either. Always thinking/downloading/etc. It's a shame, hate to go backwards with the OS.

What is the latest and greatest in a new 7-8" Android tablet selling in the $200 range?

The Nvidia shield tablet is supposed to be pretty good from what I hear.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Have you looked at the battery stats to see what is running? I use GSam Battery Monitor to see what's up with my phones/tablets. Also please define what you mean by the latest version of the OS. I have a Nexus 7 2013 and I'm running the latest OS (7.1.1) but I'm also unlocked and rooted.

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Have you looked at the battery stats to see what is running? I use GSam Battery Monitor to see what's up with my phones/tablets. Also please define what you mean by the latest version of the OS. I have a Nexus 7 2013 and I'm running the latest OS (7.1.1) but I'm also unlocked and rooted.

It says it is updated to the latest version which is 5.1.1 Battery is doing OK from what I can tell.
    Maybe mine is 2012

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Version 5.11 is Lollipop so you may be correct that you have a 2012 version. Even so it should handle that OS just fine. Once it finishes with the download and updates the OS you should be good to go. So if the tablet is still doing what you need for it to do why change.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    You might want to install an app like "OS Monitor" which allows you to see all of the current running processes and how much resources they are using. Check if there are any apps using excessive CPU or you are running low on memory.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    You might want to install an app like "OS Monitor" which allows you to see all of the current running processes and how much resources they are using. Check if there are any apps using excessive CPU or you are running low on memory.

I'm beginning to think that I'm getting way ahead of the speed of the modem, that is, I'm moving faster than it can keep up with and I'm confusing it.
    If I work slower it seems to do much better.
    Some pages seem to take forever to load.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom