• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I don't see the problem with 6 rounds, plenty of ppl carry revolvers which are mostly 5-6 rounds and don't have a problem with it, if ur in a situation where you need much more than that, GTFO of that situation

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Fired the XDS yesterday. Snappy, but not as punishing as I thought a two-finger lightweight .45 might be. Reminded me a lot of my G36 in terms of shooting; much more comfortable than the PM45. Great sights, and a nicer trigger than the XD/XDM (reminded me of the Walther PPS, but softer). Springfield is probably going to sell a boatload of these.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I don't see the problem with 6 rounds, plenty of ppl carry revolvers which are mostly 5-6 rounds and don't have a problem with it, if ur in a situation where you need much more than that, GTFO of that situation

Agreed, however I dont carry a revolver either (for the same reason + increased recoil due to the absence of slide motion).

If you need more than 6 rounds you are probably boned, but I carry a firearm for the SMALL chance I will need it... same goes for the other 4 rounds in the 27 (not to mention 15+1 in the 22 ;) )

One other downside to this (much like the glock 36) is that you cant interchange mags nor could you carry an extended magazine (unless the plan on making extended grip mags like the compact models.

It all comes down to opinion though, I'm not trying to be rude or flame the XD (I say the same for the g36). Just giving my .02 :patriot:

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I get what ya mean, but I don't feel any less safe carrying 8 rounds of .45 in my 1911 compared to the 13 rounds of 40 in my xdm

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN

6 rounds of .45 =6 cars coming at you(not really but thats a big chunk of lead)! I think it will be fine for me. Now, How the hell will I be able to wait until March for this thing? :D

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Fired the XDS yesterday. Snappy, but not as punishing as I thought a two-finger lightweight .45 might be. Reminded me a lot of my G36 in terms of shooting; much more comfortable than the PM45. Great sights, and a nicer trigger than the XD/XDM (reminded me of the Walther PPS, but softer). Springfield is probably going to sell a boatload of these.

Who's Jealous? THIS GUY!

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart

Where and how? That's epic! I consider my PF9 to be pretty snappy, are you able to compare it to one of those?

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    6 rounds of .45 =6 cars coming at you(not really but thats a big chunk of lead)! I think it will be fine for me. Now, How the hell will I be able to wait until March for this thing? :D

Right, but shot placement is key. What if you miss... what if there are multiple targets? I still think 6 is enough, just not for me. :dunno:

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Right, but shot placement is key. What if you miss... what if there are multiple targets? I still think 6 is enough, just not for me. :dunno:

I also carry a grenade launcher, I'll be fine! :D

Hahaha, yes here is always a chance I'll miss but i feel confident enough that if I have to make a shot i'll get close.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!

Sir Bradis has spoken!

Thanks for confirming what I believe as well :rockwoot:

P.S. - Words can't describe how jealous I am that I didn't get to fire one of those =P

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I would hope that after firing 6 shots i might be in a positon to reload. I can't imagine the perp sticking around long after that many rounds being fired but then again the perp could be jacked up on drugs and/or alcohol. Amazing what a person will do in that condition. This is a debate i myself keep going back and forth about and the conclusion i keep drawing is it's better to be on the side of safety with more capacity.

Although i'll be renting one of these just to draw a final conclusion. Interesting firearm to say the least.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers

So, have you set a selling price for them yet? Are you taking preorders? I am ready to reserve one somewhere and would rather it be with you than somewhere online.
    :rockwoot:

Top Bottom