Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I replaced the Windows in my Home with Pella.

I live in a 100 year old Farm House, the options I had were to either use Standard Size windows and adjust the House to match or have Custom Size Window built. With Pella the Custom Size Windows were usually within $20-$30 dollars of the Standard Size Window I would have had to use.

Replacing 24 Custom Sized Windows was like around $2400.00 in Material and My labor. I actually sold the Old Windows to a Structural Restorer which paid for the New Windows after the fact... Done the same thing with the switches and outlets too...

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    unique failed to show to 3 appointments for me, never bothered calling either.
    we shopped around a couple years ago and of all places ended up with Lowes and Pella.

They were the only ones that could order what we wanted with the hardware finished in what we wanted, could make them in less time then others and have them delivered. in all took 3 weeks, over 10k, but 21 windows, they did throw in free delivery and knocked 2k off the original estimate.

think we went to raspberry? geldwin sp? again and home depot.

ive been very pleased with the pellas we have.

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Well, instead of going with Window World, I decided on the little man, Window Man in Indianapolis. I got them down over $1500 from the original estimate. Windows are all double hung, have the grids on the upper and lower sashes and have the low e argon gas, lifetime warranty. Should be here in 3-4 weeks.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Well, instead of going with Window World, I decided on the little man, Window Man in Indianapolis. I got them down over $1500 from the original estimate. Windows are all double hung, have the grids on the upper and lower sashes and have the low e argon gas, lifetime warranty. Should be here in 3-4 weeks.

So, comparing Window World to the Window Man was the OE close and or Window World didn't budge on price or ? Do you think that the windows are the same and did you upgrade to the better window. I've got 18 that I would have replaced.

Thanks

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    So, comparing Window World to the Window Man was the OE close and or Window World didn't budge on price or ? Do you think that the windows are the same and did you upgrade to the better window. I've got 18 that I would have replaced.

Thanks

After reading pages and pages of reviews from both companies I decided on Window Man. Window Man has not had one complaint with the BBB. They keep it pretty personal. They will come out and replace any window free of charge if anything happens to them, even if it's your fault. Both companies came down from the original estimate. I kinda had them battling against each other but feel that the Window Man window is a superior product. Another thing that I read was that if the Window World franchise that sold you the windows goes out of business that the company won't honor the warranty. If I were you I would look them up when you get estimates.

Tell them that I told you about them and I'll get a small bonus. :D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    As usual, late to the game, but here's my experience anyway.

My house had original wood casement windows. Very LARGE windows. The replacement windows were 4x8 and they were smaller than the original windows. We installed six 4x8, three 4x4, and two 4x6 for a single window (12' window was just too large to handle). Three of 4x8 were second story windows.

We did them all ourselves. Spent about $4K all told (vinyl JeldWin windows, lumber, other material) and the windows came to just over $3K. Oh, and I did it all 16 weeks pregnant too.

If you can swing a hammer, you can replace your windows. And demolition is so much fun.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I am in the market for new windows. I received a quote from a local contractor, and wanted to see what you all thought about the pricing. I am going to get other quotes, but I wanted to see if this was "in the ballpark" so to speak.

Remove old and install new windows (17). Including trim, casing, painting, caulk, insulation, etc. $4,400.

17 Anderson windows w/ low E glass. $11,800.

Extra materials (casing, trim, insulation, caulk, flashing, silicone, nails, putty, paint. $1,100.

Total $17,300.

I believe these are the Anderson 400 series. We have casement windows that are pretty large. We live in a brick ranch (if that matters). This is my first time buying new windows, so I am just seeing if this is close to what others are paying/have paid. Yes, I could install them myself, but we have other projects on the list, and I just want to pay someone to do it.

Thanks.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I am in the market for new windows. I received a quote from a local contractor, and wanted to see what you all thought about the pricing. I am going to get other quotes, but I wanted to see if this was "in the ballpark" so to speak.

Remove old and install new windows (17). Including trim, casing, painting, caulk, insulation, etc. $4,400.

17 Anderson windows w/ low E glass. $11,800.

Extra materials (casing, trim, insulation, caulk, flashing, silicone, nails, putty, paint. $1,100.

Total $17,300.

I believe these are the Anderson 400 series. We have casement windows that are pretty large. We live in a brick ranch (if that matters). This is my first time buying new windows, so I am just seeing if this is close to what others are paying/have paid. Yes, I could install them myself, but we have other projects on the list, and I just want to pay someone to do it.

Thanks.

Not a bad price for the window installation and other materials being used, and the amount of work to be done. The actual window price is a bit high, but I don't know what size you are using either, so it may be right in line.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    17 Anderson windows, demo and complete install/finishing for roughly $17,000....I'd say that is about right. Anderson makes a fantastic window. I agree, it is a hard number to swallow. For what it's worth, I just had mine all replaced with Anderson, by Bee...and I was very, very pleased, both with the service and the final product.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Anybody else? I am moving on this in the next week or so.

Also, does anyone know the difference between Andersen 400 series and Renewal by Andersen? Which is better?

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My neighbor across the street had his windows replaced recently. He told me, "You won't get the windows replaced for anywhere near the prices that they advertise." I took it to mean that it was a very expensive undertaking. I think he used "Window World", but I may be wrong.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I bought my windows from the company I used to work for, got 14 new vinyl clad windows for a little over $2200. I put em in myself, did I mention I used to work for a window place?
    edit: went and checked my receipts, it was $2200 total

Top Bottom