• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireman585

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I' m a newbie but I' m here for the info, I get on some IN gun pages on Facebook . Those people are asking crazy prices for there goods . I've seen $20 boxes of wolf ammo that sell's for $8. P mags for $80 and $3'000 dpms ar15' s

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    My post was not intended for the people joining for the right reasons and you know who you are. Maybe I am getting testy in my old age but some of these in question are just users. That irritates me big time for some reason.

I know what you mean, no doubt some do come here just for the free ad space. Hopefully they will read the boards and hang around, lots of good info on this site.:ingo:

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    There sure seems to be a LOT of anger and resentment toward new members around here. It is my belief that for every new member trying to take advantage of the For Sale forums, there are 4 or 5 (or more) of us who just want to learn and/or discuss guns and such. As a matter of fact, this is my 50th post. I made the 49th yesterday or the day before, but I've been holding off on the 50th to show the mods I'm not here to sell anything. Doesn't mean I never will, but I have absolutely NOTHING to sell or trade right now. And it doesn't mean I won't buy anything, if the price is right. But I'm not really in that market either at the moment.

My point is, give the newbs a break. Most are here for the same reason you are. And when you see an ad that is out-of-line, call them on it right there in their ad.

IndianaRob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    I would gather to say that most INGO members are not rushing to buy some over priced gun. There are alot of informative posts as to whats going on in the gun world as well as just how much a can of Cream-O-Mushroom soup is going for. :patriot:

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Don't buy it if its too high and maybe welcome some new members to the group. Some people don't seem very welcoming!

Agreed! But IMHO, not every member will be welcoming. Or even civil. Eventually, you (we) will figure out who those are and just ignore them. As for me, I like to give rep to members when I see them make a good point, say something of value, or help someone else out. I reckon that's why it's there...

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I myself have noticed that a large number of low post count users are voting on gunshop of the year. I say welcome all and make a special section in the classifieds for users with 100 posts or less if it's so frustrating that it's causing others to stress out.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    There is a wealth of information in the minds of people that cannot write in a literate fashion,decades of experience in the lives of people who can hardly navigate their way around a website.I think the more the merrier...The fools who are just trying for a quick buck will soon fade away.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    New position

Lately, I've noticed an increase in wannabe moderators! I think a reserve mod corps would be pretty popular. Sort of a battlefield-self-commission! :D

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I joined with the FTF transfers in mind, but I am using this site for the forums, and after I have bought and sold what I want will continue to be an active participant in the forum discussion. Not all of us new guys are here to sell their $3000 tacticooled ARs they bought a month ago for $800 and leave.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I came to INGO because I heard that they had the BEST ar15s ever. I'm hear to get one of those $5,000 DPMS's and sell it for big bucks later.:laugh:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    There sure seems to be a LOT of anger and resentment toward new members around here. It is my belief that for every new member trying to take advantage of the For Sale forums, there are 4 or 5 (or more) of us who just want to learn and/or discuss guns and such. As a matter of fact, this is my 50th post. I made the 49th yesterday or the day before, but I've been holding off on the 50th to show the mods I'm not here to sell anything. Doesn't mean I never will, but I have absolutely NOTHING to sell or trade right now. And it doesn't mean I won't buy anything, if the price is right. But I'm not really in that market either at the moment.

My point is, give the newbs a break. Most are here for the same reason you are. And when you see an ad that is out-of-line, call them on it right there in their ad.

Do not do that, it will get you an infraction, ask me how I know. :D

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Welcome to all newbs of INGO. We have members from around the country and world. All are welcome here.

:ingo:

Top Bottom