• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emodude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hello, I am new to the hunting scene, I would like to find a rifle that I can use for deer hunting in Indiana as well as Kentucky and Tennessee. Does anyone have any suggestions. Let me know, I have head that you can use 223 and 7.62x39 in some states which would work for me cause I have Rifle in those Cali. However I have heard some funky laws for Indiana, I would like to find one Calibar that will work for all.

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    This might help....

There's a discussion on going about legal IN calibers right here in this very forum...

Legal Deer Calibers

You would also be doing yourself a favor by becoming very familiar with the IN DNR hunting website

IN DNR

Oh and :welcome: to :ingo:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Hello, I am new to the hunting scene, I would like to find a rifle that I can use for deer hunting in Indiana as well as Kentucky and Tennessee. Does anyone have any suggestions. Let me know, I have head that you can use 223 and 7.62x39 in some states which would work for me cause I have Rifle in those Cali. However I have heard some funky laws for Indiana, I would like to find one Calibar that will work for all.

It's a novel concept now days but you might just try reading the rule book. It might save some red faces later in case the actual participation in the sport doesn't match your imagination and dreams.:dunno:

Ed p.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Greenfield
    I hunt with 44mag. every since they made pistol round rifles legal here in Indiana and like the range and knock down power alot. Before that i used a 50 cal. muzzleloader which worked well also but limited to the one shot. On the upside i have heard rumors from a few people that a high powered rifle season is being considered for parts of Indiana like US40 south. Like i said just a rumor,anyone else out there here this rumor?

NDhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    North Central IN
    I hunt with 44mag. every since they made pistol round rifles legal here in Indiana and like the range and knock down power alot. Before that i used a 50 cal. muzzleloader which worked well also but limited to the one shot. On the upside i have heard rumors from a few people that a high powered rifle season is being considered for parts of Indiana like US40 south. Like i said just a rumor,anyone else out there here this rumor?

From all the people and accounts that I know of, this is a rumor. I've heard it since I started hunting, Indiana is just too densely populated in most areas for centerfire rifles.

It's not "cowboy cartridges" per se, it just must be a round that meets the geometric specifications set for in the Hunting Guide. Most of the cowboy cartridges fit the bill, but so do 500 S&W and a handful of new, purpose-designed Indiana-legal wildcat calibers.

dgiancola

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Lafayette area
    shotgun hunting for deer is what you will find is the most common for us hoosiers...i use a single shot h and r 44 mag handi rifle with a 4x32 bushnell...cheap and effective...i also will bust out the 870 with rifle sights every now and then during the season too...all of which depends if im not using my beloved HOYT!!!

Top Bottom