• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    $6 billion to colleges!

Woo hoo! Maybe we can get some new desks! And Keyboards! Oh wait no, we're just going to raise Tuition and build more $70 million (think that's the pricetag) fountains and put more 40"+ TVs in the hallways, etc...........

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    $650 million for digital TV coupons and $50 million in funding for the National Endowment of the Arts.

I swear our politicians are smoking crack.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    GLORY TO THE NEW WAR MACHINE!

Take a step back and think about things for a moment. Those banks that were given money last year... those are foreign owned banks.

There are larger players in this field than just the pawns gathering to do their little game of voting and bill writing.

We here in America, and on this forum do not have any idea what is really being bought and sold by these bills.

We are in unique times... and I think I hear that trumpet player warming up.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The brave 11 Democrats which will be crucified later on for voting NO are

Allan Boyd - Florida 2nd District
    Bobby Bright - Alabama 2nd District
    Jim Cooper - Tennessee 5th District
    Brad Ellsworth - Indiana 9th District
    Parker Griffith - Alabama 5th District
    Paul E Kanjorski - Pennsylvania 11th District
    Frank M. Kratovil Jr. - Maryland - 1st District
    Walt Minnick - Idaho 1st District
    Collin Peterson - Minnesota 7th District
    Heath Shuler - North Carolina - 11th District
    Gene Taylor - Mississippi 4th District

They have my full condolences. I laud their courage to say NO to their party on this pork-barrel 1548 page ripoff of the American taxpayer. I hope the American voter will note their action.
    This is the greatest transfer of wealth in American history.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I will send my thanks instead to all those who've passed this bill. I will thank them for giving us the ammunition we need to boot them from office in a few years.

I say let them pass this crap. They are only going to destory this economy worse and maybe, JUST MAYBE, the sheeple will wake up to the **** hole they dug for all of us. This spending bill is a bunch of crap and now the people see it. Even MSNBC was slamming these idiots. Yea, I was shocked too.

What's worse? obamatard and his F*** ups will be back for more begging to add to the credit crisis. That's right, he's already said, "I'll Be Back" to Congress.

So I say let them pass this crap. Let them destroy the economy further. When people start getting thrown to the streets they will start getting off their ass to make some REAL change in this Country. This may be the only way to get the sheeple to WAKE UP and smell the CHANGE.

Flak me for that all you want, you know I'm right.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Just sent Mr. Ellsworth and message for not voting for this very large waste of money. Also saw on this website that I only owe $32,109.42 as my part of our countrys national debt.

I hate to say it be I see the time for hope, as the day "we the people" take our national governement back and put it in check.

I also like seeing the GOP in the house gave the bill a big 0 vote.

Last edited:

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    What is your problem people?! Will nothing make you happy? They are making sure there are contraceptives and TV aplenty... what more do we need? :rockwoot:

(bacon of course is a given)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Looks like a growning number of banks are skipping the bail out money.
    On second thought, never mind about that bailout - Yahoo! News

Why? Cause there are too many strings attached by the gov.

In other news I lost the Yahoo Aricle but the headline was
    Pelosi says Democrats will ensure oversight of the economical stimulius package

Hum...
    The democrats have been in control of Congress for 2 years now so did they not (with the help of REPs) pass the 1st economic bill that LACKED the oversight?

Why the heck should we believe that this one will be any different?

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    The banks don't need anymore of the bailout money. Have you checked out the reserves the banks have? They are only required to maintain about $54B now (based on the current numbers), they have far exceeded that number to the tune of $821B. How significant is that $821B number? Prior to September 2008, excess reserves were ~$2B.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    jsgolfman,

Does not really matter in the end since our dollar with me worthless the backs will be left with nothing but harsh green toliet paper! They can horde all the money they want it's going to be WORTHLESS real soon.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was watching Neil Cavuto on Fox. He brought this monotone, slow talking woman on that was SPEWING retoric. Neil kept trying to ask her what good some of these "programs were and she couldn't answer. She kept talking and talking and not listening and saying how GREAT this bill was and putting down the GOP for not voting for this and supporting it but Neil told her how he chastized the GOP for doing this same crap just as he is doing the Dems. She about crapped her pants she was so flaberghasted. As I left the room she was talking about how great and helpful the bill is to the economy and I seen the dow was down 266+ points.... Yup, wallstreet must love this bill too.... :rolleyes:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Mr. Ellsworth,
    Thank you for voting NO to the bailout. You showed real backbone and your efforts are lauded by all freedom-loving Americans. I appreciate the vote against pure government stupidity and wastefulness.

With the government's approval rating as low as it is, I just wanted to send my positive support to you and others with a spine.

Regards,
    A random gun-toting American (kidding)

:rockwoot:

Top Bottom