• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blinken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    Lebanon
    Interesting concept, and I might be interested. I did email them that I could help proofread their website; found 2 typos (grammer errors) in just two sentences on their homepage. Might sound silly, but if I were building a major facility with a website, I'd make sure it was perfect.

grammar. I could help proofread your posts.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Interesting concept, and I might be interested. I did email them that I could help proofread their website; found 2 typos (grammer errors) in just two sentences on their homepage. Might sound silly, but if I were building a major facility with a website, I'd make sure it was perfect.

I noticed that too. I thought you might be writing for them.

See Steve, I told you so.

I need to stop in at your shop someday.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Doesn't count. I fixed it in post #36, before you got toos it. Besiidz, thee spelliingz aint thee sam-az the grammmaticalz
    Besiidez #2: who the **** are you, with you're 3 freakin postz? Just kiddin, and, welcome to :ingo:

See Steve, I told you so.

I need to stop in at your shop someday.

You're welcome any time, Blue. Best to call ahead though, as I'm sometimes out. For instance, posting and delivering 50,000 postcards to Valpo and other places tomorrow.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    This has been the topic of discussion on the Newton County In The Know facebook page for a week or so. There are apparently some meetings being held and maybe a zoning change requested from what I have seen there. There is some sort of official meeting scheduled at the government complex on the 26th. I'm not sure what time as I haven't seen that posted, but if I do....will share it here.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    from my understanding it will be in Lake Village IN and the owner of the company is building his residence on the property also. they are in the process of rezoning for the business.

It's the same guy that owns Trident Training and Vulture Equipment Works, a firearms accessory manufacturer. I'll wager that the training business will move to The Ranch.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    WFqa14d.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Out of blatant self-interest, I think they should take a closer look at north Jasper County or south Porter County.

I think Jasper County would probably welcome them. There were quite a few from Newton County who wanted it there, but some of the neighbors were not happy at all. Maybe they will end up with a CAFO or a wind farm instead.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    true but neither lake nor porter are very friendly to guns.
    plus that land is more $$$ then laporte, jasper or even netwon.
    ideally if you want to attract the $$$ from IL you need to be close to them and the highways.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    A lot of Illinois people travel to Starke County and have lake homes around Bass Lake and Koontz Lake. I know quite a few also have homes on the lakes in Marshall County...I would assume in LaPorte County as well. I don't think the drive is a big deal to them.

RMG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    West Side
    I wonder if they could find some land adjacent to the Ponderosa Sun Club? Do some sort of membership partnership with them? :):

Top Bottom