• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    im with holding my opinion until I get more info........ that said Im an M&P whore looking for a small carry gun (ala P938 or Solo)

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    For what it's worth, here's a combined picture with the M&P9 Shield and a Ruger LC9 overlaid for reference. For lack of reference points I lined up the bottom of the slides.

picture.php

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Well Springfield and S&W have these coming out now, wonder when Glock will unveil one. :dunno: I don't dig tiny guns too much but if you don't already have a sub compact or j frame this could be a good carry gun.

ike1018

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I put a few rounds down a 9c last Friday for the first time, it was nice. I've been a glock guy but I like to ergonomics of the M&P a little better. I don't think I would ever get rid of my glocks, but I could see me swapping out my Kahr CM9 if this M&P is simliar in size and weight. It would be a very tough call though as my CM9 is a great little shooter.

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Can you please, pretty please, tell me about your experience with the Bersa?

Both good and bad?

thank you kindly!

-J-

No problem buddy :)

Ive been planning to make a indepth review thread but just havent had time etc. Dont wanna hijack this thread but Ill give a quick rundown. Put about 300 rds through it so far.

Good-
    Super nice to carry, light, thin
    Relatively accurate at the very least its as good as I am and for a small 9mm its probably better than you expect
    Feels nice in the hand

Bad-
    Finish on the slide is so-so
    extra mags are crazy expensive
    Needs cleaned thoroughly when new as its packed with grease which prevents corrosion but offers little lube
    Trigger is gritty but improving with use.

Other-
    Has been pretty reliable but have had one FTF but I hadnt cleaned it yet and it was about the 10th round through it and it hasnt done it again
    Front sight is pretty wide but for up close thats not a bad thing
    Have to hold you mouth right when reassembling it to get it back together
    I kinda wish it had a safety or the trigger was just a bit heavier its pretty light for a carry gun but thats a preference thing

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    ^^^Forgot to add the prices have been going up and that kinda sucks bc at the $330+tax I paid its a steal.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    yes, because 21 guns in 7 different calibers isn't good enough... ;)

I'm not saying its not. I was just pointing out that Glock's innovation has stalled and died. Even recent attempts have been lackluster and ill-received. End-users have been clamoring for a single stack 9mm for YEARS, to no avail.

I expect more from the company that set the standard for modern fighting pistols 25 years ago.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    End-users have been clamoring for a single stack 9mm for YEARS, to no avail.

If you look you will see a letter to the editor in American Handgunner from circa '91 of me requesting a thin stocked Glock M19 in .45acp.

Oh, well, I tried.:D

You guys do realize that we are not supposed to talk about this until Smith unveils it at the NRA Meeting?

Oh, heck, if a moderator is posting then I will too.

It is a puffed up .380.;)

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I expect more from the company that set the standard for modern fighting pistols 25 years ago.

Oh, la dee dah!:D Who are you, mere mortal? You are just the customer.

I don't know how to say this in Austrian but . . . oh, wait, I know how to say it in German.:laugh:

Meine Waffe ist vollkommen! Halten die Schnauze, Landarbeiter!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'm not saying its not. I was just pointing out that Glock's innovation has stalled and died. Even recent attempts have been lackluster and ill-received. End-users have been clamoring for a single stack 9mm for YEARS, to no avail.

I am still waiting on Glock to come out with a slim 9mm, I could use a small pocket gun. The wait continues, surely they will come out with something fresh this year. :dunno:

Top Bottom