New program launching in Indianapolis to provide safe place for people living in cars

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Far from a leap, it’s the exact same “better than thou” “not in my backyard” mentality.
    I don't see that in a HOA. Everyone had to "buy" into the HOA...

I'll throw up some posts on the Facebook "Arcadia Chatter" pages, let's get a tent city going! It'll be like Seattle, but in Indiana!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't see that in a HOA. Everyone had to "buy" into the HOA...

I'll throw up some posts on the Facebook "Arcadia Chatter" pages, let's get a tent city going! It'll be like Seattle, but in Indiana!
    Won't be able to see it from my place. I chose to remove myself from an area with too many things I didn't like rather than trying to force my desires onto others or forcing people to keep moving along.

Maybe we should go back to reserving voting rights for property owners only? I mean, if someone doesn't have the right to exist without owning property why should they have a say in who governs those that do, am I right?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Wow, from people sleeping/living in a tent in a public place to this...
    Going from bitching about people sleeping/living in a tent in a public place like they're stray animals to treating them like stray animals isn't much of a jump.

What do you mean? We're talking about the people that no one wants to have to look at on their way to work aren't we? The people who refuse to help themselves and all. Why would you give the people you think so little of the privilege of participation your government?

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    But you're a'ok with folks being able to do that? As long as you can't see it, right?
    Nah, I'd probably drive by at least once a day to scream at them to go get jobs to help themselves and stop filthying up everyone's view. Seems to be the preferred approach and I'm not one to dare to be different.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    What do you mean? We're talking about the people that no one wants to have to look at on their way to work aren't we? The people who refuse to help themselves and all. Why would you give the people you think so little of the privilege of participation your government?
    Who said that? Many said they shouldn't be allowed to live on public property, not that they don't want to look at them.

Keep twisting people's words, I'm sure tent cities in Indy will be crime free and amazing places to walk through...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Who said that? Many said they shouldn't be allowed to live on public property, not that they don't want to look at them.

Keep twisting people's words, I'm sure tent cities in Indy will be crime free and amazing places to walk through...
    I'm revealing the truth for what it is. How does it hurt me if people choose to live in a tent or their car under an overpass? As I sit here in my living room, not bitching about these people, how are they harming me so that I should be bitching about their existence?

Surely you're not going to suggest that many of the comments here have been made out of genuine concern for the wellbeing of others. Some don't want people existing in their public places but it's not for selfish, shallow reasons, no no, they truly care about their fellow man. Got it.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    As for the title of this thread:
    Is this new “program” the best that idiot Hogsett and his Democrap libturds could do to help out these poor unfortunate people?
    Seriously? :ugh:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Do they have a right to camp/live in a public park? On a public sidewalk? Public property is equally owned by the public, no one has the right to take more than their share of it. There is no such thing as open property, all property has owners be they public or private and it all has rules of use.

What stops me and a dozen friends from going to the Hoosier National Forest, setting up an encampment, cutting trees for cabins and shelters, building roads, and generally living there? What am I taking? Scenery free from humanity? A pleasant drive to work?

The law will chase you out of the HNF if you set up shop there for any length of time, I think it's about a week or so. While I know some people living off grid around here, it's not easy.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Far from a leap, it’s the exact same “better than thou” “not in my backyard” mentality.
    I have a nice house, a nice yard and a nice retirement because I HAD a nice JOB for 45 years. It wasn't a job that everyone would have been willing to do but I did it with hopes for the future I'm living now. I didn't demand any of those things, I swapped 45 years of my life for what I have.
    I will not accept anyone setting up a tent in my yard or anywhere in my vicinity because they think it won't trouble me. I'm all for the mentally ill getting help and where the shiftless are concerned I don't mind if they starve. You can call that selfish if you like but people that are able to provide for themselves and don't choose to get no sympathy from me. I'll reserve my concern for those that I love and those that are truly struggling to make a better life for themselves.
    Addendum
    For those that feel they are "put upon" when expected work to supplement their appetite.. A little slice of what it's like in other countries!

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Says who? Where is it written?
    In most of this country you either pay for your place of existence or you are taking a place from someone.

According to whose standards? Some are just fine sleeping under the stars. Why would you deny them that right?
    Anyone can sleep under the stars but where they sleep under the stars must somehow be paid for.

I’m saying if the law doesn’t allow someone to exist without exchanging labor for that right then the law is wrong.
    There are few free range places in the US that one can just exist without paying some price for the privilege of using that space. As usual you will not answer simple questions. The answer to this will be interesting.

What stops me and a dozen friends from going to the Hoosier National Forest, setting up an encampment, cutting trees for cabins and shelters, building roads, and generally living there? What am I taking? Scenery free from humanity? A pleasant drive to work?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm revealing the truth for what it is.
    More like revealing yourself.

How does it hurt me if people choose to live in a tent or their car under an overpass? As I sit here in my living room, not bitching about these people, how are they harming me so that I should be bitching about their existence?
    That property under the overpass belongs to the people, the peoples representatives made rules for its use, living under the overpass is not what the owners of the property allow. This is about property rights of both public and private property.

Surely you're not going to suggest that many of the comments here have been made out of genuine concern for the wellbeing of others. Some don't want people existing in their public places but it's not for selfish, shallow reasons, no no, they truly care about their fellow man. Got it.
    I have seen nary a thing that indicates to me anyone here is not concerned for the wellbeing of others. Several admirable stories have been shared. But caring about wellbeing doesn’t mean property rights are not valid. Did it never occur to you that this is why homeless shelters exist? So people have a legal place to go, but even there rules exist, many say no drugs, alcohol, or they must attend the church service in exchange for staying.

When your position is the same as California leftist judges you may need to rethink it…

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    More like revealing yourself.

That property under the overpass belongs to the people, the peoples representatives made rules for its use, living under the overpass is not what the owners of the property allow. This is about property rights of both public and private property.

I have seen nary a thing that indicates to me anyone here is not concerned for the wellbeing of others. Several admirable stories have been shared. But caring about wellbeing doesn’t mean property rights are not valid. Did it never occur to you that this is why homeless shelters exist? So people have a legal place to go, but even there rules exist, many say no drugs, alcohol, or they must attend the church service in exchange for staying.

When your position is the same as California leftist judges you may need to rethink it…
    So if someone is incapable or unwilling to purchase or rent property then they have no right to exist outside of an institution in this country. Got it. Produce for the system or face what, execution? Exile? Incarceration? Those are the only acceptable outcomes in your world.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Take a look in the mirror. That dude, that guy represents who would bitch about people sleeping on a piece of ground you've never seen before 100 miles away from you. That's who would demand that "their" public property be cleared of the lessers.

Top Bottom