• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room
    hey what is the normal/average price for a new glock 19? is there any accessories i should look into buying or modifications i should look at?

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    hey what is the normal/average price for a new glock 19? is there any accessories i should look into buying or modifications i should look at?

I can get a new one at Plainfield Shooting supplies for $489.

I like putting Storm Lake SS barrels in my Glocks. (glockworld.com has good prices on them) And a grip plug is a good addition for cheap. And night sights are a must. My two cents.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    New Glock 19 will put you somewhere around $500.

If you know a LEO, have him buy one for $398 with his discount and then sell it to you for $450. Its a win-win.

If you're going to use this as your carry weapon I wouldn't do any internal modding. Night sights are good. The grip plug works/looks nice.

BigCat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    I know this will sound redundant, but I too vote G19. It was my first gun. I have sigs, HKs, 1911s, etc...but I think the G19 may be the best first (or for many people only) gun.

I too have heard that it is the most popular sidearm world wide. The guys at the gun shop by me, who could carry whatever they want, all carry G19s. That says a lot. So, ask for a G19 and have at it:do2:

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    well the g19 seems like the obvious choice now :) ill be sure to share some pics when i get it down the road from now. Thanks everyone!

The G19 is a great gun - I'd be looking for a Comptac holster for it if I were you...

Night sights are a good addition + Mags + Ammunition, that's about it for me.

If you want to shoot glocks (although I don't have a 19) or something else and you're about 1hr North of Lafayette let me know.

I would go with 9mm and for a pistol a 19 or 26...either way congratulations on a cool dad:cheers:

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Springfield XD And none other....

Much more natural grip angle...
    More safety features...
    Lifetime warranty....
    accessories abound....
    No reason not to.....

At least do yourself a favor and try BOTH a glock 19 and a Springfield XD9 on a single range session so you can accurately judge the differences.

:soapbox:

FWIW: obijohn is an advocate for the Glock....
    His brother Rhino told me he just cannot shoot a glock accurately. We haven't heard from him but I would asume that becase of the grip angle differences the XD would be a more comfortable choice.

This one difference alone warrants a trip to the range with BOTH so that you can see which model is a more natural fit. Different people have different N.P.O.A. (Natural Point Of Aim) You will have to try it in your hand to find out.

trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room
    yeah my dad has a XD right now, very nice gun for sure. i will definately go to the local shooting range and try out some different pistols including the XD, G19, and some SIG's. Does the G19 not come with a lifetime warranty? didnt see it on their website..

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    wish i did live closer to the Indy area :) that would be a good experience for me, and thanks a lot for the offer! .....

There any pistol ranges in the Lafayette area that don't require memberships to shoot at? I'm sure we (Pam and I) could make a trip north one weekend if you would like ;)

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    A couple of quick thoughts:

This gun will be from your father
    This gun is for accomplishing the goal of graduation

With this in mind, I think this gun should be something unique or uncommon. Glock, by definition is quite common --- largely because it is highly reliable and quite affordable, however --- it's common!

I own/ have owned Glocks (G34, G26, and some others), Smith and Wesson (M&P40, M&P9c), HKs (USPc, USP, P7), Sigs (P250's), Berettas (92FS, 92SBc) and my Colt Python. . . so I have been able to see the pros / cons off each.

If you want a great all around gun, then the Glock is it --- however, I prefer others (I sold my Glocks).

9mm over .40 if you plan on shooting much.

Cheers,
    Steve

Hey, my dad has said he will buy me a new pistol for graduation in a year and ive already began to scope out which one is the best for me. Im really looking for a pistol that will last me awhile(at least), doesnt have horrible recoil, and will be easy to carry along with decent price. sounds like a lot to ask for im sure! but ive been looking at the glocks, preferably the G23 along with the SigSauer P250 two-tone (i love 2-tone, looks awesome). My dad seems to think that the glock will be my better choice, but id like to hear your guys' opinion on the matter. :do2:oh and the .40 is my preferred round. :thumbsup: and even if your choice of weapon isnt one of the two, go ahead, im open to all suggestions.

Thanks

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    FWIW: obijohn is an advocate for the Glock....
    His brother Rhino told me he just cannot shoot a glock accurately. We haven't heard from him but I would asume that becase of the grip angle differences the XD would be a more comfortable choice.

This one difference alone warrants a trip to the range with BOTH so that you can see which model is a more natural fit. Different people have different N.P.O.A. (Natural Point Of Aim) You will have to try it in your hand to find out.

just to clarify, it's the rhino that has trouble with glocks. his paws (hooves?) just don't fit around a glock. i shoot the glock as well as i shoot anything. hehe. :dunno:

my advocacy stems more from a reliability standpoint than anything else. i prefer shooting 1911's, but the glock is point and click and just keeps on ticking while the 1911 tends to need more attention. my 1911's are, so far, quite reliable, but the statistics favor the glocks. the glock shoots ok for me, so i'll go with the numbers and carry glocks.
    the xd is also a great choice. very shootable, well engineered, but, for me, the numbers aren't there yet. the xd is proving itself to be an excellent choice, but the numbers aren't there yet. yet. i suspect it will be and those that have NPOA issues with the glock will be well served with the xd.

trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room
    my dad has brought up this pistol.. and i think i will go with it :) ive always loved the look of 1911's and have always heard they are really good guns.

ultracarrylg.jpg

Model: Ultra Carry II/ Night Sights (LG)™ .45 ACP Caliber: .45 ACP Features:
    • Kimber aluminum frames have been tested to over 20,000 rounds without evidence of meaningful wear.
    • Ultra Carry .45 ACP pistols weight just 25 ounces.
    • Shortened frame retains 7-round magazine capacity.
    • 7075-T7 aluminum frames have been tested to over 20,000 rounds without meaningful wear.
    • Ultra Carry slide has the longest cycle time of any small 1911 pistol, ensuring unequaled reliability.
    • Bull barrel design keeps maximum weight forward, reducing muzzle lift and recoil.
    Specifications: Height (inches) 90° to barrel: 4.75
    Weight (ounces) with empty magazine: 25
    Length (inches): 6.8
    Magazine capacity: 7
    Recoil spring (pounds): 18.0
    Full length guide rod
    Frame: Material: Aluminum
    Finish: Matte black
    Width (inches): 1.28
    Slide: Material: Steel
    Finish: Matte black
    Barrel: Length (inches): 3