New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Many of the parks in ABQ you wouldn’t want to go to anyway, and definitely not take your kids to. Most definitely would want a firearm if you ventured into some of them!!

I realize this is not a solution (not going to a park), but a prior problem.

She thinks this amending of her demand makes it…….less unconstitutional? It’s for the children, says the women at the top of the state that wants to be #1 in late term abortions.

Makes sense!

Rokjock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2023
    SOUTHPORT

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday issued an emergency public health order that suspends the open and permitted concealed carry of firearms in Albuquerque for 30 days in the midst of a spate of gun violence.

The Democratic governor said she is expecting legal challenges but felt compelled to act in response to gun deaths, including the fatal shooting of an 11-year-old boy outside a minor league baseball stadium this week.

The firearms suspension is tied to a threshold for violent crime rates that only the Albuquerque area currently meets. Police are exempt from the temporary ban on carrying firearms.
    Lujan Grisham said the restrictions “are going to pose incredible challenges for me as a governor and as a state.”
    Is anyone other than me thinking, "Test Run"?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, since overstepping politicians don't have to pay litigation..
    That needs to change. When politicians pass blatantly unconstitutional edicts*, they need to be held personally responsible. Like when her AG said "I'm out. you overstepped so I wont defend you. if you need a lawyer, pay for your own".

Its one thing for them to try grey areas. But when they are doing stuff that is CLEARLY unconstitutional, there should be more penalties beyond the "threat" of impeachment, which is highly unlikely. So making them put skin in the game seems appropriate.
    Like when Biden said out loud "I know this EO is not constitutional. But I did it anyway so that we could at least get 3 or 4 weeks of what I want before the courts put a stop to it. It wont last, but at least it is something." (paraphrased)

* EOs, laws, etc.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That needs to change. When politicians pass blatantly unconstitutional edicts*, they need to be held personally responsible. Like when her AG said "I'm out. you overstepped so I wont defend you. if you need a lawyer, pay for your own".

Its one thing for them to try grey areas. But when they are doing stuff that is CLEARLY unconstitutional, there should be more penalties beyond the "threat" of impeachment, which is highly unlikely. So making them put skin in the game seems appropriate.
    Like when Biden said out loud "I know this EO is not constitutional. But I did it anyway so that we could at least get 3 or 4 weeks of what I want before the courts put a stop to it. It wont last, but at least it is something." (paraphrased)

* EOs, laws, etc.
    exactly.

But then... who decides what is "clearly"?
    And will it be weaponized?

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Stefani Lord is our rep up in the East Mountains of Sandia Park. She is a biker chic, gun toting bad ass.

I heard on local news that the Republicans had over 40 “ crime “ bills that they presented last legislative session and not a single one got voted on and most never got out of committee. But we got a gun safety storage law where if your kid gets one of your guns and commits a crime with it, YOU CAN AND LIKELY WILL BE CHARGED WITH THE SAME CRIME.

Top Bottom