New Matrix release blockbuster or bust? First preview.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I watched it opening night. I was really hyped for this movie, and it wasn’t quite what I had hoped for, but still enjoyable anyway.

I’ve noticed that a lot of movies are trying to join the woke culture and transition to female roles being the focus of the storyline. The new James Bond movie comes to mind. Given the fact that Lana Wachowski directed this film, it comes as no surprise that she did the same thing with the Matrix. While Neo is still much of the focus, we see Trinity taking on a more dominant role, even exhibiting powers that Neo didn’t have. And in the final scene of the movie, Trinity takes on the lead role with Neil Patrick Harris while Neo chills in the background.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I am hearing bad Juju on this one but like most films (unless it is a total Turd) one has to see it for themselves.
    It sucked yesterday. It sucked today. I suppose it will continue to suck in the future.

Almost 2 decades to come up with a great film.....and Lana Wachowski punted. It's the disaster she/he/? deserves.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Liked it overall. The beginning was interesting and showed a different side of Keanu Reeves acting ability. Didn't see too much wokeness.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It's different than any of the others and I predicted during the 3rd installment that Neo wasn't "the one". :rockwoot: The wife slept thru it but I guess I can't blame her since sci fi isn't her thing and she hadn't seen any of the others so it made absolutely no sense to her. Yeah I'll buy it when it comes out at a reasonable price <$10.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I'll echo others... watchable but not in the same league as the others. Seems like a mix of good ideas and contrived "Lets make another 'cause money's good". Seems like a good portion of the time is rehashed footage. Several pointless cameos. Nothing ambiguous from the trilogy is resolved.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    So...did you like it or not?
    OK I guess that pretty much matches what I am hearing about it.

It started out ok. References to the original then it started climbing up it's own ass. Then it farted and **** itself and all over the original(s). Then a couple ok parts them back up it's own ass then sole stupid **** then they build to this huge scene, falls apart almost immediately. Then builds up again then immediately throws it away. Then huge throwback to original ending. Then the after credits scene was a huge f you to the fans.

As the lights came up I looked to the stranger next to me and said " is it just me or did that all fall apart at the end". He chuckled and agreed. As I walked out I heard lots of grumbling from those few of us still around.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It started out ok. References to the original then it started climbing up it's own ass. Then it farted and **** itself and all over the original(s). Then a couple ok parts them back up it's own ass then sole stupid **** then they build to this huge scene, falls apart almost immediately. Then builds up again then immediately throws it away. Then huge throwback to original ending. Then the after credits scene was a huge f you to the fans.

As the lights came up I looked to the stranger next to me and said " is it just me or did that all fall apart at the end". He chuckled and agreed. As I walked out I heard lots of grumbling from those few of us still around.
    Missed the after credits scene. Or maybe I didn't from the sounds of it.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Not the worst movie I've ever seen. My wife liked it well enough. It was watchable... once.

Lots of rehash and retread. The "bullet time" schtick was funny, but only once. Felt really slow and contrived. Guessing they will milk the series for all it is worth for the next several years. Really unfortunate. Even in the movie they talked a lot about how the original was groundbreaking (it was), and this next needed to be the same. Just didn't deliver, IMHO.

One notable effect/concept: giving the AI a mechanism to take form IRL.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Missed the after credits scene. Or maybe I didn't from the sounds of it.
    It's a scene back in the office where they are pitching the new matrix game idea. Then one says something like "the internet loves cats let's make the matrix about cats! THE CATRIX!"
    Cut to black.

Top Bottom