• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Per the requirement I updated my address when I moved, but I didn't care to pay $20 for the privilege of having a plastic card.

I felt the same about the address change. Other than reporting in, it wasn't required to get a new card with updated address.

Mr. Freeman swayed my thinking in another thread, (damned if I can find it.) He noted that "a confused officer is an arresty one." $20 is cheap to pay vs officer friendly erring on the side of arrest, confiscating gear, towing vehicle, locking you up. There have been horror stories about the time and trouble it takes to get firearms out of the IMPD property room.

You never know what the officer might be thinking. He might be questioning any number of things about you, your guns, your motives, etc. Better to have all the I's dotted and T's crossed. It might make all the difference, especially if you are standing over a dead bad guy.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As long as I am within the law I don't care what an officer thinks. I am recording and I will keep my cool and ask him to call ISP/check IC. I have had a couple of interactions with officers that were ignorant of IC concerning carry issues, the all left better informed and pi**ed off. Aside from a slight irritation and wasted time I left unscathed.

Now if you are afraid of them discovering a want/warrant, don't do as I do.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    I lost my lifetime permit card last week. What is the best way to go about getting my replacement? I'm assuming it will be one of these new plastic cards

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Well here it is, you as a lawyer know full well that it is not required by IC to buy a replacement when you change your address, only inform the ISP.

Your post would imply to the unICed that they must spend 21.42 whenever they move. Whereas you can get a box of hollow points for close to the same price.

Thank you.

I implied nothing of the sort. I described the timing of getting the replacement card which went along with the point in time I had to contact the ISP anyway. What people may infer, I can not help.

I would add that I prefer my LTCH to match my drivers license and the address any LEO will have for me if they look me up. Frankly, $21.xx isn't going to break me.

To each their own.

My bar card is still lightweight cardstock. Since they issue a new one every year, I don't see that changing soon.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I understand the concern about the address not matching the license; I don't see that being a problem but who knows, I know I wouldn't make a big deal about it as long as I confirmed the identity of the person.

Shadow Goose

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2015
    South
    I have used the aries portal twice now since I moved twice within a short period of time. Actual found my old lifetime license and was able to pull everything up with that. I like the idea of being able to update information and get a new card without having to travel anywhere, but I found the website not to be very user friendly or intuitive. I eventually muscled my way through it and love having the plastic card vs my scotch tape paper license. This process is a lot better than TN, plus you get a lifetime vs 7 year.

Top Bottom