• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Well, today my son (11 y.o will be 12 in March) and I went to the range to try our the Advantage Arms Glock .22lr conversion and of course, break in the Kimber Custom II.

the AACK was great fun and I was impressed by the sights as well, a great quality piece:yesway:

We only ran 150 rounds of Remington 230 grain through the Kimber, but had zero issues, I was sort of surprised, based on the mixed reviews that I have read on the web.

On my first attempt to point it down range, I got the results below, I was so pleased that I was ready to pack it up and go home but my son refused:dunno:, because he had not shot it yet.

I know 20 feet is not a great distance and I am no marksmen, but the pic speaks for my measly self and is what it is.
    20feet.jpg

Austin gives it two thumbs up:yesway::yesway: And I was amazed that he shot the Kimber at 10 feet and shot a group similar to my 20 foot group. The video below of Austin was at 20 feet not 10 feet

I could not be happier with this new Custom II, I'll clean it and pack it away until next time, but I might carry it on occasion since i have the IWB holster,,

Also, big time kudos to WTFD661/Tim, thanks for being a 1911 advocate!

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I don't know LLDJR, but I was in the lane next to them towards the end of their session. I was also outside as an observer while I was waiting for a lane to open. It looked like they were having a great afternoon together. I will also say that he was kind enough to gift me some targets as they had extras. I really appreciated that. Good stuff!

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I don't know LLDJR, but I was in the lane next to them towards the end of their session. I was also outside as an observer while I was waiting for a lane to open. It looked like they were having a great afternoon together. I will also say that he was kind enough to gift me some targets as they had extras. I really appreciated that. Good stuff!

Hey there! We are glad you could use the targets.

It was good fun for sure, Austin was shooting the mags as fast as I could load then, I need to sneak way next time solo for some "quiet" time

Also, we need some sort of INGO decal or something on our range bags or a INGO bag tag so people can know when a fellow INGO member is near.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Kimber is who made the pistol. The gun is new to the OP. Range report is a post with a narrative and pictures of taking a gun, in this case, a kimber, to the range. Hence, "new kimber range report."

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I don't like the sights, in the day light they might be OK but at the dimly lit range I really could not easily adjust or reference where to align the sights.

I'm going to get some white dots, but regardless, with no 1911 experience, out of the box, I could not be happier:)

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I have a new KIt to , has made me look like a marksman. It after 450 rounds has become my new carry choice. When you look into new sights, check out the night sights Kimber uses - they are great!!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom