• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    From my previous post, i talked with Fred Davis, head electrical inspector for CEL&P this morning. He hadn't heard anything as of yesterday, but said if he heard anything he'd let me know. :dunno:

I can believe it. He always has a booth at the lafayette show and a few months ago he partnered with a gunsmith to have a shop around Bal Hinch.

Yes, he went in with Jerry Mcquellin (sp?). Jerry is a great gunsmith, and since the two went in together they have done much mure business. Was just in their last week buying shells but he never said anything about a new shop. It only makes since, their shop is in Jerry's garage now, and they are running out of room fast. I personally know some guys who have bought a few rifle/scope combo's this past week alone. Hope they keep growing. And FYI, their Hornady V-max's are about $4 cheaper a box than anyone around. :yesway:

reload4ever

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Boy would that be really great! I'm a member of the local gun club and it sure does get cold around here in the winter. Hope it happens.:):

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Do you know if jerry carries any reloading components, ie: powder,bullets etc?

I'm not sure if he carries them in stock. (Very tight space so he doesn't carry much) But i know he reloads so i'd bet he does. If he doesn't have what you want, he can get it in a few days.

I can't say enough good stuff about his shop. To those who havent been to check out his shop. It's on S.R. 47 South, 2nd or 3rd house south of bal-hinch on the left. (he has a sign in the yard) Great prices, service and people.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Yes, he went in with Jerry Mcquellin (sp?). Jerry is a great gunsmith, and since the two went in together they have done much mure business. . :yesway:

My brother-in-law got some help from him with an enfield last year. Seems like a nice enough guy, but he had NOTHING in stock when we saw his shop/garage both times.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We will believe an indoor range is in Crawfordsville when we see people shooting at the indoor range in Crawfordville.

When the old bowling alley was for sale north of town, I dreamed of converting it into a kicka** indoor shooting and training facility. Key word "dream."

If this happens, good. If it does, I hope it's successful.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...talked with Fred Davis, head electrical inspector for CEL&P this morning...

Wow, Fred's been the inspector here since electricity was first introduced to Crawfordsville. :): Good guy.

Yes, he went in with Jerry Mcquellin (sp?). Jerry is a great gunsmith

Jerry McClellan. I've met him at the range but haven't been to his place on 47.

I do hope a new range is in the works. Never hurts to have options. :yesway:

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    My brother-in-law got some help from him with an enfield last year. Seems like a nice enough guy, but he had NOTHING in stock when we saw his shop/garage both times.

Since he has a buisness partner, he has expanded what he keeps in house. He now has a few new guns, good selection of used guns, scopes, accessories, ammo, ect.... But he is still out of his garage so it's pretty cramped. It's night and day from a year ago.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I work in Crawfordsville, so I will definetly be looking foward to this! Lunch hour will be great!!!

Just a heads up, Linden Conservation Club is 15-20 minutes north of town, and there is another gun club toward Darlington that may be a little closer. I don't know much about the one toward Darlington, I think ATM is a member and might be able to give you some info on it.

LCC is close enough that you should be able to zip up, rip off a box of .22s or whatever, and get back if you've got an hour lunch. $50 per year, and 5 hrs labor, gets you 2 25 yard pistol only ranges, 50 and 100 yard ranges, trap range, archery range, 3 fishing ponds, indoor air pistol range for the kids during winter, and even camping for the family. Very nice setup. If you want to check it out sometime during the week, give me a holler and I'll run you up. Only a $5 guest fee.

So, even if the indoor range doesn't become a reality there are places you can get some lunchtime shooting in if you want!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I may have to check that out. But I'm surprised about Linden, I thought that was a pretty trashy town. Younger brother used to live there.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just a heads up, Linden Conservation Club is 15-20 minutes north of town, and there is another gun club toward Darlington that may be a little closer. I don't know much about the one toward Darlington, I think ATM is a member and might be able to give you some info on it.

LCC is close enough that you should be able to zip up, rip off a box of .22s or whatever, and get back if you've got an hour lunch. $50 per year, and 5 hrs labor, gets you 2 25 yard pistol only ranges, 50 and 100 yard ranges, trap range, archery range, 3 fishing ponds, indoor air pistol range for the kids during winter, and even camping for the family. Very nice setup. If you want to check it out sometime during the week, give me a holler and I'll run you up. Only a $5 guest fee.

So, even if the indoor range doesn't become a reality there are places you can get some lunchtime shooting in if you want!

Holy crap...

I had no idea that place. Il PM you one day for a tour.

Top Bottom