New Beretta 30X “Get Home Bag” First Impressions… It’s not good!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benjamin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Just an update. I shot it for the first time today and it shoots very well. It’s VERY quiet with my 9mm can. My initial gripes still stand but it is fun to shoot. I’ll post a range report soon.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    So, if the button tips the barrel up OK, why not just hold the button down when pushing the barrel back down and then release the button after it‘s down?

PTinbound

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    DeMotte
    Just an update. I shot it for the first time today and it shoots very well. It’s VERY quiet with my 9mm can. My initial gripes still stand but it is fun to shoot. I’ll post a range report soon.
    I’m looking forward to your range report. I’m actually thinking about getting one of these. I’d like to explore what optics it would take and how to mount them, I haven’t been able to find anything definitive on that online.

Benjamin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I’m looking forward to your range report. I’m actually thinking about getting one of these. I’d like to explore what optics it would take and how to mount them, I haven’t been able to find anything definitive on that online.
    So I have shot it a few times. Always with a 9mm can and it feeds great and is very smooth and quiet. That being said the trigger is atrocious. Even preset in the second stage of the trigger pull the trigger pull weight is awful. Very heavy trigger pull.

The tip up barrel remains very hard to close. Although with a suppressor it’s easy because the suppressor act as a giant fulcrum.

Concerning Optics. It appears to me that to mount a reddot you would have to remove the rear site. Thus co-witnessing is not an option. The front suppressor site appears to be removable by removing a small screw and sliding the blade out. I don’t think it’s removable in the other models.

Here’s so photos:

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Benjamin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Another note I’m running an AAC eco 9 (yes you read that right eco, not evo) with 1/2x28 piston. I don’t know if these need a piston to cycle being blowback but that’s what I have. So far, 100% reliable, no failure to feed, no jams.

My thoughts: if you want this to run suppressed with traditional sights then this is you gun.

If you want to put a reddot then the “get home bag” model isn’t for you.

Buy the “covert” model on sale from Euro optic for $359 and remove the rear sight throw on the redot and save $200.

If you want to run it without a suppressor the tip up barrel is worthless because it requires so much force to push the barrel down and lock it into position it’s harder to close than just racking the slide.

Overall a near perfect gun from Beretta. They did all the work to make it great and then screwed it up buying giving their awesome and groundbreaking trigger a built in lawyer weight trigger pull. And then just really hard to close the tip up barrel.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Since e you mentioned optics, does this thing actually have an optic cut? The picture I saw on the beretta site that had an optic was actually the page for the holster they sell and that gun seemed to be using a dovetail mount that requires removing the rear sight.

I'm not seeing the applicability of this gun. If one wants a pocket gun or a bug, there are better options. If I'm wanting a bug out bag gun, there are much better options. If I want a suppressor host, there are... Better options.

Benjamin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Since e you mentioned optics, does this thing actually have an optic cut? The picture I saw on the beretta site that had an optic was actually the page for the holster they sell and that gun seemed to be using a dovetail mount that requires removing the rear sight.

I'm not seeing the applicability of this gun. If one wants a pocket gun or a bug, there are better options. If I'm wanting a bug out bag gun, there are much better options. If I want a suppressor host, there are... Better options.
    You are correct. Optic would have to mount by dovetail that the rear sight uses after removing the rear sight.

It’s still an awesome gun. I don’t care for reddots on pistols and so this works nicely for me.

Still somewhere a Beretta Engineer is slamming his head in the wall exclaiming “why did they increase the trigger pull weight on the beautiful trigger I designed”

Top Bottom