• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Ditto. I cant join a class action after the fact. So I dont see how this is different.
    How many class action suites have ever been related to a constitutional right?

I have no idea, just asking the question. Most CAS's are only about disputes between companies and their customers, the 2A applies to everyone regardless if they own firearms or not.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Still illegal unless you are a member of one of the groups covered in a lawsuit
    And probably also under the jurisdiction of the court it is in. IANAL but generally speaking at the district level, when a ruling is made it only covers those in the district and no one else. That ruling can be refereneced by other district courts if they want to offer a similar ruling, but I dont see how simply joining a group that is suing gives you cover outside of the district.

People are split as to whether a member outside the district would actually be covered.

Personally, I wouldnt risk it. But you do you.

What KLB said.

As of today, FPC is still telling all its members nationwide that they and the immediate family living with them are covered by the 5th Circuit Court injunction, without regard to when they joined FPC. That communication isn't a Press Release, or a Blog Post, or some other general notice on its site, it's a personal communication to each of its members individually, by name.

The 5th Circuit Court instructed the District Court Judge, Reed O'Connor on the 1st of August to rule on a Preliminary Injunction within 60 days, and that the 5th Circuit's injunction would run until then. That expires on or about October 1st. I haven't counted the days on the calendar. There have been several filings in the O'Connor's District Court, the last one about ten days ago. That specific case is Mock v Garland, which includes FPC and Defense Distributed.

FWIW, Mock v. Garland and the several similarly filed and enjoined lawsuits (GOA, SAF, NAGR, etc.) pending an O'Connor decision are NOT considered a Class Action, which would be a "class" of people. They are considered lawsuits on behalf of ALL their respective organizations' members as plaintiffs -- in addition to the other named plaintiffs which include some companies. If any were a Class Action, it (they) would cover all pistol brace owners as a "class" nationally, not just various organization members.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What KLB said.

As of today, FPC is still telling all its members nationwide that they and the immediate family living with them are covered by the 5th Circuit Court injunction, without regard to when they joined FPC. That communication isn't a Press Release, or a Blog Post, or some other general notice on its site, it's a personal communication to each of its members individually, by name.

The 5th Circuit Court instructed the District Court Judge, Reed O'Connor on the 1st of August to rule on a Preliminary Injunction within 60 days, and that the 5th Circuit's injunction would run until then. That expires on or about October 1st. I haven't counted the days on the calendar. There have been several filings in the O'Connor's District Court, the last one about ten days ago. That specific case is Mock v Garland, which includes FPC and Defense Distributed.

FWIW, Mock v. Garland and the several similarly filed and enjoined lawsuits (GOA, SAF, NAGR, etc.) pending an O'Connor decision are NOT considered a Class Action, which would be a "class" of people. They are considered lawsuits on behalf of ALL their respective organizations' members as plaintiffs -- in addition to the other named plaintiffs which include some companies. If any were a Class Action, it (they) would cover all pistol brace owners as a "class" nationally, not just various organization members.
    Im not trying to rehash this stupid logic again. I didnt say outright that we werent covered here. Just that it makes absolutely no sense that folks joining after the suit was filed should be eligible. Its like a get out of jail free card.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Ditto. I cant join a class action after the fact. So I dont see how this is different.
    I agree with you. Have already replaced the 10" barrel on a 9mm AR pistol for a 16" barrel.

On another pistol, I installed a fake supressor by pinning and welding it onto the muzzle. It now has a 17" long barrel. Will probably end up selling both firearms in the near future.

The current administration is going to keep pressing these issues, and then make many more rules until they eventually nullify the 2nd amendment.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Im not trying to rehash this stupid logic again. I didnt say outright that we werent covered here. Just that it makes absolutely no sense that folks joining after the suit was filed should be eligible. Its like a get out of jail free card.
    What if you have this backwards?
    Why would it make sense to exclude people who join the organization after the initiation of the lawsuit?

It reminds me of the arguments in Texas when your concealed handgun license law was first implemented. Some people didn’t want to make licensed carry available to non-Texas residents because it was somehow unfair, or to punish them for living in another state, or ??

Me, I was like ”spread the glory of the 2A as far as possible” within the limits of the law and the politics, As long as we had to have a stupid permit anyway.

Likewise, render the brace rule, and every other stupid rule of the ATF as meaningless as possible, by every action possible. Shoehorn everyone into the injunction via FPC or SAF or whoever until the stupid rule is done away with.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I agree with you. Have already replaced the 10" barrel on a 9mm AR pistol for a 16" barrel.

On another pistol, I installed a fake supressor by pinning and welding it onto the muzzle. It now has a 17" long barrel. Will probably end up selling both firearms in the near future.

The current administration is going to keep pressing these issues, and then make many more rules until they eventually nullify the 2nd amendment.
    Sorry but this is how we keep losing ground on our rights. We keep giving in.

I will not comply.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

You should probably get ahead of them and sell them all right now.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Sorry but this is how we keep losing ground on our rights. We keep giving in.

I will not comply.
    This. There's only 3 choices.

1) Non-compliance
    2) Refresh the tree of Liberty
    3) Be a bitch to .gov (comply)

I'll start with #1. Hopefully never need #2, but will never be #3

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Trump and The Turtle saved the 2nd Amendment (and a lot of other things) with their SCOTUS appointments. Whatever their other faults, this was monumental. Pissin’ an’ moanin‘ over the pistol brace and the bump stock rules – – which are delightfully being used to bludgeon the ATF – – is churlish.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Trump and The Turtle saved the 2nd Amendment (and a lot of other things) with their SCOTUS appointments. Whatever their other faults, this was monumental. Pissin’ an’ moanin‘ over the pistol brace and the bump stock rules – – which are delightfully being used to bludgeon the ATF – – is churlish.
    1695676520076.png

Top Bottom