• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I know both the weapons you mention you're looking at are great. If I were in your shoes I would shoot both side by side and then sleep on it.

:+1: Tough choice and I would not want to rush into it. I would try to shoot them both and really handle them both quite a bit before buying. Both will serve you well, it is just which one will you like the most. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I'd vote Kahr, but have no experience with that Sig. I have shot a Sig Pro, and their bore axis is a bit higher. I saw shooter 521 mention the Sig is heavier, which is surprising since the Kahr is all steel, and the Sig is alloy framed, but I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. Like I said, I don't have experience with the Sig, but the K9 is a heavy little bugger. The one I had (since traded for a PM40), was an excellent, comfy gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll put another vote out for the Bersa 9s. Since you are a 1911 carrier, you would be comfortable with the Bersa safety and slide release. I have both the 9UC (13 round) and 9HC (17 round) and love to shoot them both. The new Bersas with dovetail front sights use Sig sights front and rear if I recall correctly, so night sights would not be a problem.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    What I would suggest for CCW use would be the the

1. Sig P228
    2. Beretta 92FS Centurion
    3. Glock 19
    4. Walther PPS
    5. Kahr K9

My understanding between the difference between the K9 and the K9 elite, is the Elite's are finished nicer and have a bevelled magwell with a polished feed ramp.

Top Bottom