• ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Im not really into the whole being "neighborly" thing. Yes we live near each other, and if I see some sketchy looking character lurking about ill say/do something. But im not really into the hey your property touches mines, lets be pals. So to say I have any kind of relationship with them would be a stretch. Im more into the waving while pulling in/out of my driveway etc.

So it will probably be awkward to talk to them over the "fence line" and ask them about it. I may just trim the branches back enough to where its no longer hitting my house and move on with life.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Im not really into the whole being "neighborly" thing. Yes we live near each other, and if I see some sketchy looking character lurking about ill say/do something. But im not really into the hey your property touches mines, lets be pals. So to say I have any kind of relationship with them would be a stretch. Im more into the waving while pulling in/out of my driveway etc.

So it will probably be awkward to talk to them over the "fence line" and ask them about it. I may just trim the branches back enough to where its no longer hitting my house and move on with life.

Not sure where you are but if you need a saw PM me.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    When we lived in Colorado our back yard looked out on the Front Range of the Rockies. Nothing between us and the mountains....except a neighbor planted a pine tree at the back corner of his yard that finally grew tall enough to be irritating to me and a buddy who lived on the other side of me.

So, every year on New Year's Eve, we would "prune" his pine tree with 6 or so shotgun rounds. Kept that little feller from getting too tall and brought in the new year with a bang. What's not to like.

But, a chainsaw is much more appropriate methinks on any other day.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

I don't do the neighborly thing either. I like to keep to myself and let others do the same. I'm happy to wave and say hi, but I'm not looking for friendships.
    I think just trimming and not saying anything is just fine.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Uhhh....the person you loaned it to?

LOL

In my case that would be either son or a brother-in-law who took a model 12 Winchester from pristine to WTF!!! in 2 years by leaving it out in his cartrunk next to the ocean.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Here in the GSF tree disputes are usually from logger over reach. Have two neighbors fighting that one out as I write, fortunately doesn't involve me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Uhhh....the person you loaned it to?

LOL

In my case that would be either son or a brother-in-law who took a model 12 Winchester from pristine to WTF!!! in 2 years by leaving it out in his cartrunk next to the ocean.

When cornered by a rather irate long haired redneck the deed was admitted. It was an older Maculloch on a wooden pole but it worked.

No, it was not replaced.

No I do not speak with that individual anymore.

I find I still have enough friends. Mostly reliable.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    [video=youtube_share;GlNwaMX-QBU]http://youtu.be/GlNwaMX-QBU[/video]

That would be much easier than climbing up on the roof of my sun room so i can reach the branches over it.... But i doubt the police would see it that way.

Top Bottom