• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    just kinda sucks Ive been shooting out back for about 8 months now, and all of a sudden they wanna start issues. I'll keep a cool head though, because getting upset and starting trouble just makes me look like the bad guy. I must be a noobie what is the NFA fund?

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    :popcorn:

Be SURE of your property line, and the law governing discharge of firearms where you live, then tear down the fence. Celebrate with gunfire. Looking forward to the next installment.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Personally, I would wait on making the call. Call his bluff first. If he decides to come back, don't open your door, ask him to provide a warrant or get off your property.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    My understanding is that the recent state law voiding local laws, also voided "discharge of firearms" ordinances. I was told tha IMPD wouldn't enforce the Indy ban on shooting, but don't plan on being that test case.

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    Ill dig up some dirt and make the whole fence line a backstop .. you would think neighbors would have respect for Someone Who serves our country, If im not outback shooting and keeping up on my weapons training, how am I supposed to use my skills overseas. I would love to see them go through a day of my training and see how they feel after.

Last edited:

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Horse people always get nutty about gunfire,like thier horse is going to be hit like its at Normandy beach invasion. Ive ask farmers to hunt ,they say what if you shoot a cow? I always wonder about that statement,its like they think hunters dont know the differance between a cow and a deer or rabbit.I always say ,aint going to happen but if it does Ill pay for it.

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Personally, I would wait on making the call. Call his bluff first. If he decides to come back, don't open your door, ask him to provide a warrant or get off your property.

+1 on this. Definitely DON'T open your door--not even to speak to him or he can push his way inside. (And there go your guns.) Talk through a locked glass screen door or window. Also, get a survey to be sure of your property line. I'd get even in a passive aggressive way by calling a code enforcer (or whatever title) on the junk cars in their yard and even call animal control and/or ASPCA on their animals contained in that electric fence.

And the fence would go...I have great neighbors who slightly encroached on my property with their fence. But since they are great, I'm not complaining. If things went south??? We'll I'd have a great supply of firewood for some time! lol!!!!
    :twocents::twocents:

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    that kind of blow, that you can doing in your own back yard, i think the officer is wrong but you need to investigate to see if you are correct in the requirements, check and call the sheriff to check about the electric fence and ask to get it removed if that endanger your family, but i guess also depend in the officer.

I have friend at Rensselaer that has a ranch not that big, he do not have back drop but a corn field, we shot some times there and had some times the sheriff driving slow at the front of the property but never stop or give us any problems at all, and we shot for a long time several hundreds of rounds.

good luck, i usually go for the reasonable resolution with the neighbors and never had problem with any, but if they want to be and a holes and give you trouble, you don't have to take the crap and fight back also about the stuff you were tolerant and did not complain before

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    I hope you file a formal complaint against this obvious BS, no such law exists in Indiana.

DO NOT LET THE THUGS INTIMIDATE YOU, PRETTY SAD THAT COPS DO NOT EVEN KNOW THE LAW THESE DAYS. BUT A LAWYER CAN MAKE HIM LEARN THE LAW REAL QUICK.

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    +1 on this. Definitely DON'T open your door--not even to speak to him or he can push his way inside. (And there go your guns.) Talk through a locked glass screen door or window. Also, get a survey to be sure of your property line. I'd get even in a passive aggressive way by calling a code enforcer (or whatever title) on the junk cars in their yard and even call animal control and/or ASPCA on their animals contained in that electric fence.

And the fence would go...I have great neighbors who slightly encroached on my property with their fence. But since they are great, I'm not complaining. If things went south??? We'll I'd have a great supply of firewood for some time! lol!!!!
    :twocents::twocents:

+1
    this is the reason I love INGO, nothing like great info and good laughs

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    For the love of god, record your next shooting session. Make it good. Shotguns, handguns, high powered rifles, and a few RPG never hurt nobody.

But anyway, i agree with everyone else. Figure out your county laws. To my knowledge, most Indiana counties are the same. I know for me, you have to be outside city limits. Unfortunately, i live in a small neighborhood. So even though i am outside the city, i could still get into trouble. Maybe that is the case for you. Do you live in a neighborhood outside the city? Or are the "neighbors" a few hundred yards away. Because if that's the case, you should be WELL outside my county rules. Idk what yours are though

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have lived in Lawrence County for 20+ years and to the best of my knowledge there is no county ordinance against shooting on your own property. I shoot DAILY on my property both pistol and rifle. Please meet with the sheriff regarding this and if he cannot point to what law or ordinance that you have broken then ask him to educate his officers. If he refuses to do so, talk to some of the county commissioners.

I'd also like to know the name of the LEO you dealt with, I am friends with several higher ups in the county and am curious as to what their take on the guy is. PM me if you don't want to post it.

And PLEASE keep us updated here because I'm pretty serious about making sure our county police are not intimidating people out of their rights.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom