• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'll be in Baltimore for work Sept. 15-17 and I don't really *need* a car because we'll be staying just blocks from the venue we'll be attending. That said, I'd like to get a car in order to make the most of my non-work hours, specifically a little side-trip to Philly. I priced the travel sites and the rates are through the roof for those days. I'm talking $120+ PER DAY for an economy car. I'll do without for that kind of a price. Does anyone here have a kick-butt coupon or discount code, or maybe work for one of the big-boys and could hook a guy up? Thanks in advance...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Do you need a rental car for even the off-work period?

That part of the country, public transit is OUTSTANDING. Even a commuter rail to Philly... Just something to think about.

-J-

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    In all honesty, all I really need is to get to Philly on the night of the 16th. It'll be a "midnight run" kind of thing and I was not aware that there was a commuter rail that connected those two.

Cwood: :orly:

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    I know the bunch of rental companies at BWI were ridiculously priced, and you had to give a blood sample it seemed like :D. I know there are buses and you might even find a train to go on. If you don't have any other options, the harbor area has a little to offer with a few museums, clubs, and a piano bar.

Baltimore is one of those places where it is what you make it.:twocents:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I looked into public transit, but nothing runs directly between Philly/Baltimore except Amtrak, and the fares make that cost prohibitive. $75 each for a round-trip for me and my co-worker price that into rental car range. I know there is lots to do in Baltimore, we go there annually and have done quite a bit. We want to jaunt over to philly and grab a Genos Steak Our days usually end around 8pm, so this is why it would be a "midnight run". We just want to run over there, grab a couple sammiches and run back to Baltimore...

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Public trans is the way to go in that area.

Although Public servant has a great idea. And you will even get to stay for free and meals paid.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Hotwire.com

My wife and I always Hotwire our rental car and get great rates. Two years ago we rented a van in Baltimore for less than 140 a week.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    And you will even get to stay for free and meals paid.
    mmmmm...bologna 3 times a day. And some of the locals can teach you to use a "stinger" to heat your coffee. :):

Hotwire.com
    I looked there...there isn't a "hotwire" video anywhere on that site. :noway: ;)

Seriously though...you might call your auto insurance company and see if they can hook you up with a company they work with. Also...if you have a Sears credit card they used to have rental places you got a sizeable discount for using their card. A lot of clubs, groups and organizations receive discounts. You might check with some you belong to... I know Hertz used to give big discounts for public service employees. Heck...see if the NRA receives a discount anywhere.

Man...$120 a day is outrageous!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom