• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BEHalper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    A little background first. I'm not very familiar with scopes at all. I'm still working on that aspect. Actually, I'm fairly new to longer range rifles in general. When I got my tax return awhile ago, I decided I wanted to build a 7.62/.308 AR style rifle. I've gotten the basic components together, which are a DPMS LR-308 lower and I went ahead bought the DPMS 16" Oracle .308 assembled upper.

I have a few other mods planned for the rifle, but I'd like to put a solid scope on it. I've set a cap for around $500 for the scope and I'd probably like to stick with a Leupold unless there are better options out there for the same price.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    A little background first. I'm not very familiar with scopes at all. I'm still working on that aspect. Actually, I'm fairly new to longer range rifles in general. When I got my tax return awhile ago, I decided I wanted to build a 7.62/.308 AR style rifle. I've gotten the basic components together, which are a DPMS LR-308 lower and I went ahead bought the DPMS 16" Oracle .308 assembled upper.

I have a few other mods planned for the rifle, but I'd like to put a solid scope on it. I've set a cap for around $500 for the scope and I'd probably like to stick with a Leupold unless there are better options out there for the same price.

there are better options cheaper,

if you cant send pm's due to post count email me at alan@aaoptics.com

ill get some info from you as to your particular style of shooting, and alot of times after we walk threw the process we learn you dont need to spend your entire budget.

BEHalper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    Thanks Alan! I'll get an email out to you tomorrow afternoon. I'll have to warn you though, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to optics. So you'll have to school me a little bit on what is good for what kinds of rifles and what not! Thanks again man! I appreciate it!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Thanks Alan! I'll get an email out to you tomorrow afternoon. I'll have to warn you though, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to optics. So you'll have to school me a little bit on what is good for what kinds of rifles and what not! Thanks again man! I appreciate it!

not a problem bud, thats what im here for

Top Bottom