Need an Excellent Toyota Mechanic - HELP!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking Queen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Colorado
    Need recomendation for a Toyota mechanic who is good and honest. My sister lives in the Broad Ripple area of Indianapolis.

She is having trouble with repairs to her Toyota Corolla. Has had very bad service over the years with Toyota dealership doing inadequite repairs to her vehicle, sometimes not using Toyota parts and not standing by their work.

Clutch and slave and master cylinder have aparently gone out on her car and they were replaced (expensively) 2 years ago. This is 3rd clutch in 7 yrs. She is a very good driver, has driven stick shift toyotas since 1970 and NEVER has had to replace a clutch.

She's frustrated and also unemployed, so this is going to be a hardship for her to do this repair.

Soooo, I am wondering if someone here can recomend a very good mechanic or shop in her area for getting a second opinion on this repair.

I would appreciate any help I could get on this!! I live in Colorado so my mechanic can't help.

Thanks, everyone. Viking Queen

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have a Tacoma, 2003, and excellent ride. Have always had good experiences with O'Brien Toyota on Shadeland, might have her try there.

Good luck

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I know you don't seem to want dealership suggestions, but the few times we've taken the 4Runner to the Andy Mohr dealership in Avon, we've gotten exactly what was expected. nothing more, but nothing less.

If you want a non-dealership suggestion, Advance Automotive on W. Washington just off of High School Road. Southwest corner behind the Midas or Meinike shop. Or maybe it's a tire shop. I can't remember. Big blue buliding. I've been using them since I started driving 20+ years ago. Haven't gone back in a couple of years since getting the new Suburban and the local dealer being closer and easier to get to, but I would still recommend them.

Top Bottom