• Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    25z5g2d.jpg

4jvpl2.jpg

No chipmunk problems around here .... or those pesky noisey songbirds either.
    She's out here almost every evening with her young ones, this was the first time we've seen her in the birdbath.

:ingo:

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Straight up Awesome.,.

You guys are lucky.. I'm stuck with turkey vultures, but they do take care of the carcass' ..:):

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Great closeup photo's Dogman :yesway:

We had a Huge Red-Headed Wood Peck that landed by our home on an old Silver Maple tree stump and would hammer on the stump daily.

I did get a short closeup video of the bird on video that turned out great. I would like to upload it to a You Tube video, if I knew how to to it...:):

TK :ingo:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Great closeup photo's Dogman :yesway:

We had a Huge Red-Headed Wood Peck that landed by our home on an old Silver Maple tree stump and would hammer on the stump daily.

I did get a short closeup video of the bird on video that turned out great. I would like to upload it to a You Tube video, if I knew how to to it...:):

TK :ingo:

Is it a Red headed or a Pileated Woodpecker?
    Here's a Pileated they get about 15 inches long.
    The pictures aren't great even with a zoom lens, they are a vary bird and it's difficult to get anywhere near them. We have a pair each year show up and what you can't see is just above this one on the tree there's another one but they wouldn't stay close enough together for me to get a picture of both.

21a9hg.jpg

fwm5j5.jpg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    OOPS my mistake. I misread Dogmans one post. He was asking if it is a pileated woodpecker. I mistook the pictures as if they were of the original post.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    These are the kind of chipmunks we have around here:

w1kspidersquirrel.jpg

Your probably to young to remember when they would grow large in the wild and you could catch them and saddle break them to ride. A lot of fun to ride, of course you had to be careful in the fall, if they caught the smell of a ripe sunflower field ready to be harvested they would destroy the field in a couple of hours. Of course then we would have to put them down, but we've have a BBQ and invite friends and family over.

:D

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Your probably to young to remember when they would grow large in the wild and you could catch them and saddle break them to ride. A lot of fun to ride, of course you had to be careful in the fall, if they caught the smell of a ripe sunflower field ready to be harvested they would destroy the field in a couple of hours. Of course then we would have to put them down, but we've have a BBQ and invite friends and family over.

:D

:D:laugh::laugh::yesway:

Top Bottom