• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    ...I'm not sure I like this, because what the federal government gives, it can also take away.

I am not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV but from what I understand about this bill, it is akin to one state honoring another state's driver's license. There is no "National Carry License" per se, it is simply saying that if a state issues a carry license, it must be honored by other states that issue a carry license. So, the Federal government cannot take it away since it is a state-issued license the same as they cannot take away any other state-issued license. As stated previously there is a concern for Vermont-style laws where there is no license. There is also concern for states like Indiana that do not differentiate between open and concealed vs. states like Ohio where it is concealed only.

There is currently no "sister" bill in the Senate, so it can't be heard until one is authored by a Senator. It's only a matter of time; I wonder who it will be. Then it'll be up to Reid to let it be heard or not, which is how it will most likely die in the Senate.

Too bad the Republicans didn't do this while they controlled both the House and Senate and "W" was in the WH. Could have been easy-peasy. Lost opportunity.

Top Bottom