• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Just saw on the news that Democrats want national ID cards as a part of immigration reform. The cards will contain biometrics, employment information, and lots of other personal ID. All "workers" would be required to have their card on them at all times.

WTF???
    Am I the only one that saw this???

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Just saw on the news that Democrats want national ID cards as a part of immigration reform. The cards will contain biometrics, employment information, and lots of other personal ID. All "workers" would be required to have their card on them at all times.

WTF???
    What news channel?
    Mike

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I think they are bigots and racists if they expect me to carry this card some day.

Wait, that shouldn't have been purple, should it?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    National ID cards have been a liberal wet-dream for years. The new Indiana licenses are close as they are tied in to a national database, and you can't fly without one.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Here's a link with more details:

Dems spark alarm with call for national ID card - TheHill.com

The ACLU is all over this one already.

The American Civil Liberties Union, a civil liberties defender often aligned with the Democratic Party, wasted no time in blasting the plan.

“Creating a biometric national ID will not only be astronomically expensive, it will usher government into the very center of our lives. Every worker in America will need a government permission slip in order to work. And all of this will come with a new federal bureaucracy — one that combines the worst elements of the DMV and the TSA,” said Christopher Calabrese, ACLU legislative counsel.

“America’s broken immigration system needs real, workable reform, but it cannot come at the expense of privacy and individual freedoms,” Calabrese added.

The ACLU said “if the biometric national ID card provision of the draft bill becomes law, every worker in America would have to be fingerprinted.”

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business

WTF???

Nope. It was discussed in another thread. Turns out, lots of people on INGO love the idea.

Stick some RFID in the card and some biometrics, and you can make it an arrestable crime to be caught outside without it. They can scan you as you walk by, and you don't give off an RFID return, it will be probable cause to stop, identify, and arrest you.

They can drive through neighborhoods and match card echoes against wanted databases.

By the way, Mitch has done nothing to get Indiana out of RealID.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    does it really matter? if it comes into play, fight it in the courts. I'm actually with the ACLU on this one, but maybe not for the same reason.

this is a violation of our civil liberties and it is an unauthorized siezure of power by the federal gov't. I will not be issued one of these.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Didn't a REPUBLICAN Lindsay Graham propose this legislation? Or is this new legislation?
    This was initially a bi-partisan bill.
    BUT
    DICK Durbin and his buddies got their slimy hands on it and added the Biometric chip part.
    The scary thought is that if they can get Americans to go along with this crap it will not be very hard to get them to go along with having the chips implanted at birth.
    After all, why carry a card?
    You might lose it or something.
    Mike

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    They have had this planned for some time now. Ron Paul spoke of it on his campaign in 08 but the ones that were listening I don't think took it serious.
    I think it was called the real id act but kept getting tabled because "we weren't ready" I believe the original plan was to go Real ID (national id) to "break the ice" then chip everyone after that.

PAPERS PLEASE!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    ive had one for YEARS. they call it a social security card.

also anyone living in indiana and has a BMV issued ID is already in a facial recognition data base. THATS A FACT. the only thing worse than that is .... oh wait i cant think of anything worse cause no matter what your face is always gonna be your face, if your the average person. people arent even aware they are already screwed

Top Bottom