• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    China is not stupid or rash. They have no incentive to risk war with the US. They are winning the peace by a large margin.

I could see China stepping in and putting the screws to N Korea if N. Korea gets hands on with the us/allies.

It is my understanding that China is a bit touchy about it's international perception. Sorting out N Korea would give it credibility as a super power, both in ability and intention.

If China owed us money I would be worried, but since we owe them it's in their best interests to preserve the current situation.

I don't think China is a white knight. I just know they are not dumb or hotheaded. China is playing a long game.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    The only reason that China is amassing troops near the border is to protect themselves. If the SHTF in North Korea the Chinese won't be helping to fight the Americans, they will be shooting the refugees trying to swim across the Yalu River.

The only thing that China is concerned about at this point is their own economic stability. So many young people are becoming of age to work that they need 7.5% annual growth of their economy in order to maintain the current employment rate. Thousands of NK refugees would reek havoc on Liaoning Province, the state bordering North Korea, and that is concerning because it is one of China's industrial centers. If there were lots of Koreans flooding the area the economy could be devastated. Those who are in power in China fear a poor economy and the instability that it would bring. Their leadership knows that there is little threat of insurrection when people have a job, car, and plenty of food.

The USA doesn't need to be worried about China responding to a Korean War by attacking us. We should be most concerned about what we are going to do with all of the refugees fleeing South once they realize it is their only option.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    tumblr_mkm2lfniKe1s5yls4o1_250.gif

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Are you sure your name isn't "Pollyanna?"

Not trying to be a optimist. China's history and culture are well understood. They have the 100 year mindset. They really don't care if they have to kill millions of their own if they believe it's in the best interest of the future. I think the phrase "to make an omelette, you gotta break a few eggs" is probably a modern interpretation of an ancient Chinese proverb. What they do care about is money and power. If they go to war with us in the Korean peninsula, even if they win, they lose the cash flow of the trade agreements. Look at what it did to Cuba. China isn't a stupid country, they are very cold, and very calculated.

So what I said is an educated guess about China's strategy if violence should break out in the region.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The Chinese though also have that whole "face" thing. Will they worry they will lose face by not supporting their very long time friend and client state in NK? Will it look like they are bowing to evil Imperialists by being neutral? Will it make them look weak taking the economic side of the argument? I think we can slice China a dozen ways and come up with 13 ways to look at it.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    When it comes to fighting IMO , rule number one should be NEVER underestimate your enemy .

All those who say "we owe them too much money" or "they know better because it would mean annihilation for them " , keep rule # 1 in mind .

I have no doubt that we can whip any ONE nations behind in a war but this time around I doubt it will be us against one nation .

North Korea put " something " in orbit and as far as we know it's a satellite but how can we actually be sure of that ?

How can we be sure that it doesn't have some sort of nuclear device on it ?

China has already proven that it can destroy a satellite in space by blowing up one of their own . Did they fire a missile or was it an on board self destruct type thing ? I don't remember .

Not to mention all of the freight that comes into this country every day or that HAS came into this country , for all we know a nuke could already be here .

Russia and China are getting real chummy these days signing trade and mutual defense agreements and both hate our imperialistic , corporate ways .

Then you have the " wild cards " , the Iran's of the world who already have aligned themselves with both Russia and China .

Prayer blankets found in AZ desert anyone ?

It seems foolish to me that anyone with two working brain cells would think that it couldn't happen here .

In the big historical picture , we're (US) not much more than a blip on the screen so to speak .

We're less than 300 years old and in our arrogance seem to have forgotten that nation states have came and went .

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    maybe we should just fight it out, i mean I don't wish for war but maybe a good ole two fisted slobber knocker will shake this country out if its lethargy and pry some politicians heads from the dark recesses of their own colons. and I can all but guarantee that if we were to be invaded by a country capable of fielding a ground army 1 million strong even the staunch anti-gunner will be grateful for an armed populace.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    NKorea has allies, China, who is allies with Iran and Russia, Russia has Rockets and loves to sell their technology especially to those who are OUR enemy. I get that NKorea is nuts, but they dont wanna blow themselves up, they arent muslims, so, i think they are talking like this because they have something to back it up, whether its china and russia and iran to help them out, or they do have a nuke that can reach the u.s. i've seen articles saying we dont "THINK" they have a rocket that can reach us, but nothing is for sure, and how would we know for sure? Do any of you actually think obama would take them out? I dont, his destruction of this country from the inside is almost complete, what better to top it off with a little destruction to get the people of the u.s. to do whatever he says in a time of being afraid of being blown up by a nuke? I think the libs welcome this opportunity for a crisis.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    From their established pattern of behavior, Id say they need food or some sort of manufactured goods. Mom never taught them to ask nicely.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom