• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    is dating some ass bag. She just turned 21, and is attractive and smart (when she wants to be). The scumb bag she is dating is a high school drop out, has no ambition, and treats her and our family like dirt. He cusses her out and threw a flower pot at her car. I'd like nothing more than to go cave in his face, but I know that won't do any good. I've been lucky and haven't had to deal with this type of thing before. Any advice? My wife and I would love to get her away from him.

trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room
    egg his house while he sleeps and call him random girl names while talking to him..

but seriously, have you talked to your daughter about this decision she is making? if he really is a scum bag im sure nothing will last long between the two

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    My wife, and her parents have talked to her. She is well aware of how our family feels about him. The scary thing is she knows this kid is bad news yet keeps going back to him.

I Love Bourbon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Speedway ish
    A very quiet, one on one, heart to heart conversion with him explaining that he's not a good match for her or your family. Tell him thjat the longer he's around the more troublesome you'll make it for him.
    If that doesn't work quietly mention that you have a shotgun, a shovel, 50 acres and a bag of lime and all of those things add up to a problem going away. :wavey:

He just needs to see things your way.....

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Unfortunately, the more you "heart to heart" with him about the reasons he shouldn't be with her...the harder he'll work TO be with her.

And the more people tell her he's bad news (even though she already knows)...the more she'll be drawn to him.

Sometimes it just takes an eye opening event to show people what azzhats they are really hanging out with. If a flower pot to the car didn't do the trick...I'm sorry for her sake about what it WILL take.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Unfortunately, the more you "heart to heart" with him about the reasons he shouldn't be with her...the harder he'll work TO be with her.

And the more people tell her he's bad news (even though she already knows)...the more she'll be drawn to him.

Sometimes it just takes an eye opening event to show people what azzhats they are really hanging out with. If a flower pot to the car didn't do the trick...I'm sorry for her sake about what it WILL take.

:+1:

My sister did the same thing right after high school. Sorry to inform you she stayed with the dude for about four years. Same kind of thing ... she's smart, attractive (much more photogenic than I was back then), had the world going for her. He was a high-school drop out, with no ambition, drug-addicted, violent kind of guy.

One year, she drove down to Franklin to have lunch with me and some of my friends to celebrate her birthday. Because he had not-so-politely requested she not talk to me or my family (because we were trying to break them up in his opinion... probably based on some fact), she told him she was having lunch with friends. He followed her down, and then argued with her (then me) in the parking lot for forty five minutes and only left because one of the employees said that her manager threatened to call the police if he didn't leave.

The good news in the story? After four years, she finally saw the light (actually, she ran into an old boyfriend from high school), decided to break up with the BG (she needed space...), and when she went back to their apartment to pick up some things a week later, she found BG in bed with their roommate. That kind of sealed the deal for her (thank you, Lord).

Anywho... I have to agree with Annie on this one. You have to ride it out, and hope he doesn't physically hurt her. If that happens, IMHO, all bets are off, and your wife's family needs to take stronger action to remove her from the relationship.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Is she asking for your help? I didn't think so.

Hate to say it, but there is nothing you can do. Even if you were successful at running him off, which is very unlikely, she'd just find another scum bag. The hot girls that like the bad boys, well they just like the bad boys. They have to grow out of it. Hopefully she will.

Now, if he raises a hand to her, different story. One that I better leave alone.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    :+1: all of the above. You won't convince her to split from him-HE will. Sad to say, he will do so either by her seeing him to be a slime or by him (God forbid) doing something rotten to her. The thing about the pig farm, the "shovel, shotgun, and 10 acres", etc., etc., all sound good on an internet forum, but unless you know (or are) the local prosecutor, judge, AND cop (all at the same time) AND can pull this off with no witnesses or proof, not realistic. On the other hand, how good a shot is she? :draw:

It's heartbreaking to see someone you love with a slime like that, knowing you can't do crap to change it. Take her shooting, if she likes it, make sure she knows you love her and nonverbally make sure she knows that while you don't approve of this particular choice, you always love her and she has a place to go when she's ready to be $#!t of him.

I'll be praying for you and yours--Been there, done that.

Blessings,
    B

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    We have exactly the same situation with our 21 yo daughter. Dropped out of college to cohabitate with the piece of trash.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My sister has dated losers her entire life because she's a good person and always wants to help them change (even if she doesn't realize it). She's now 43 years old and getting married for the first time next week. The guy is a complete douche bag, but I'm going to go to the wedding anyway because I love her and I support her. I'll do my best to be there for her when she needs me, especially when this guy screws her over. That's all I can do for her. Everything else is none of my damn business because she's a grown-up and she can make her own decisions.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I don't feel qualified to give advice without first seeing the person whom we are discussing.

Photos, please and thank you.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Thanks for the kind words. I've kept telling my wife that the more we intervene, the more she'll run to him. I've never met this kid, but the wife and in-laws have. In the begenning they welcomed him with open arms and gave him just as big a chance as they gave me. Fortunately, this may all be over. She went to his house to pick up her stuff, and is staying at our house for a couple of days.

BTW, I do know a pig farmer.;)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I love the way this is derailing into a Pics-or-it-didn't-happen/Dating-match-up thread!
    God Bless America and the internet.
    :cheers:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom