• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    [STRIKE]Your[/STRIKE]You're lucky that you got out of that ok! A life lesson for sure, and get your carry permit!! [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE]All that said someone will be along shortly to complain about your grammar and sentence structure[STRIKE],[/STRIKE] and the lack of paragraphs!! :D

FTFY. :D

BigJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Broadripple
    Your lucky that you got out of that ok! A life lesson for sure, and get your carry permit!! all that said someone will be along shortly to complain about your grammar and sentence structure, and the lack of paragraphs!! :D

Sad thing is that you are correct, I just added paragraphs to help at least!

And Scutter that's great!

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    I had a very similar situation happen to me a couple months ago...I was driving through some housing projects to pick up a friend (anyone from Bloomington probably knows where I mean) after I had gotten off work one night, around 12:30-1:00AM. I saw a girl I was sure I knew, (she was the sister of the person I was going to pick up) and she had sort of stepped into the street looking at me, but didn't wave. It looked so similar to the girl that I didn't even question if it was her, I thought she had recognized my car and was just expecting me to stop. I'm thinking to myself, "Wonder why she's out walking right now," and I pull up to the curb.
    By the time I roll my window down, I realize it was someone I had never seen before. She was obviously under the influence of something, and was stammering and almost crying about how she just needed a ride, and it was very close by. I was stopped against the curb at a T, needing to turn right. I was just ready to pull away as a large black guy crosses in front of my headlights and is immediately at my window. The girl is acting even more scared, and obviously knows him. By this point I have the G27 in hand. My first instinct was just to DRIVE, but these people are hanging in my window and I have a bad habit of being too courteous for too long. The guy was saying, "Yo man, we got this," and looking at me like I should leave. I agreed very much with this and said I had to go, and he started acting real agitated saying "Who are you? Yo what's your name? Yo who are you?" with one of those tones...
    I just about ran over their feet when I drove out of there, lol. But needless to say, it was one of those situations that reminds me how fast things can spiral into something else.

And sorry this looks like a wall of text...can't figure out how to make it let me indent ><

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ..... second, the dude had dreads...you don't need a comb for dreads.

I'll just put this here......... :whistle:

From the alert:

"The suspect was described as an African American male 25 years of age. He was approximately 6” tall, a thin build; had dreadlocks..."

Sounds like the dreadlocks bandit strikes again:

Armed robbery puts IUPUI on alert

5-10-iupui-sketch_20110511181003_320_240.JPG

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    However, if the circumstances weren't enough to put her in co-hoards with my to be attacker, I saw two problems with her response.

Don't know if this was intentional or not but I love the play on words with "cohorts." Probably more accurate in your description. ;)

Anyway nice post and way to keep our guard up! rep'd.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    I think your experience is a good lesson and reminder for all of us about situational awareness. Glad you didn't end up to being a statistic.

remnut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Nice to know things worked out ok. I travel in and out of Indy on a regular basis and you can guess whats always on my side.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Heard something from a trainer once that fits in real well with this story, and the lesson this story is teaching. He said that humans are the only animal that doesn't follow its instincts. If the elevator opens and three angry, rough looking men are standing inside waiting, we're the only animal that says "oh crap this isn't good" as we get on the elevator anyway. The problem is that we're too afraid to offend people. Get over that feeling.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'd just like to say that it's never stupid to help someone that needs it. But, as you discovered, we need to keep our eyes up as things are not always what they seem.

I'm glad everything worked out well.

BigJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Broadripple
    Stop picking up hookers.

Haha, I made the mistake of telling some of my co-workers the story...got made fun of all week for picking up a female midget! Worst part is (and yes I left this out of the original story to help myself not look any worse than I already do) I ended up giving her a $20 to help her out...man I am an idiot!

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    You bought a midget hooker for only 20 bucks sounds like win to me man you couldn't write that kind of stuff. Glad your OK.

Top Bottom