• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Friday was her first gun shooting experience. Like a fool I didn't put up a giant shoot n C target so she could get feedback clearly on each shot. She lost interest after five rounds in a row of not knowing where they went. Get a giant target that flashes and blinks at impact site and she'll thank you!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Go shoot steel and stand behind her with a spoon and a pan. She'll "hit" every time. :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    For a first time shooter I would maker him/her shoot at very close range, even with a regular target you can see the hits.
    Feedback is very important for first time shooter.
    I hope she liked it anyway and will shoot with you again! :)

gixer454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Logansport
    Took my Girlfriend, my oldest daughter and one of my daughters friends to the range today to shoot my AR and my Glock. I think I may have made a mistake...they all want to go again! I am looking for a better reloading press now.....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well, her groupings were bigger than the 12" target so a giant target would have helped.

I love the pot idea. I'd have to camouflage it like a hat or something though

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Make sure and take her again soon. This time take the right targets and do nothing but encourage. Women like to be told how well they are doing, not all the things they are doing wrong. Remember to say two things of praise for every one corrective suggestion. Good Luck and keep encouraging her to practice, practice, practice, it makes perfect.

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    I was pretty discouraged the first time I went. I didn't hit a thing. I watched some vids on youtube and practiced my grip and stance. Second trip was much more enjoyable. I shot pretty well. Better than my boyfriend (which is all I wanted, lol!)

Top Bottom