• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That would work great. Probably in the 700fps velocity range. If would work good.
    @BehindBlueI's I believe likes the Wadcutters as well.

Edit:

These had a velocity avg of 709fps.
    View attachment 383902
    Double Tap is saying 740 fps in a 2" barrel, so 700 for a 1.875" is a reasonably conservative estimate. Should be a tad quieter subsonic and less recoil.

I also have a box of Black Hills Honeybadgers .38 Special +P , but figure that could get me in big trouble with a prosecuting attorney, those things look like they are made to rip, tear, and cut.
    1727742473072.png

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Double Tap is saying 740 fps in a 2" barrel, so 700 for a 1.875" is a reasonably conservative estimate. Should be a tad quieter subsonic and less recoil.

I also have a box of Black Hills Honeybadgers .38 Special +P , but figure that could get me in big trouble with a prosecuting attorney, those things look like they are made to rip, tear, and cut.
    View attachment 383919
    I don't think that would happen. It does less damage than an HST expanding.

Also if you want a special load ask @Aszerigan he can load you up whatever you want. Say a better Wadcutter load etc...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Nice. I'll have to check his company out. Meanwhile, these Double Taps seem to be about perfect for my purposes. Thanks.

Found a video on Honeybadgers. Around 14" penetration.
    The nice thing about the Lehigh bullets, and 148gr Wadcutters is clothing doesn't seem do anything to them. I imagine the Wadcutters would just shove the clothing right into the wound. But BBI would know more about that than I do.

I load these up.
    1727744586248.jpeg

Last edited:

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Nice. I'll have to check his company out. Meanwhile, these Double Taps seem to be about perfect for my purposes. Thanks.
    Double Tap is great ammo but high dollar. I carry a 642UC and I've perfected some loads for it.

If you shoot a lot, DT is too pricey to practice with. I'm also a licensed manufacturer and an INGO partner.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i'm working up a load for the 32 H&R Mags....wadcutter as of now i have it a little over 900ftps and no leading.....trying to get to 1100ftps....buffalo bore 100 jhp run 1300ftps they are nasty little buggers

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    i'm working up a load for the 32 H&R Mags....wadcutter as of now i have it a little over 900ftps and no leading.....trying to get to 1100ftps....buffalo bore 100 jhp run 1300ftps they are nasty little buggers
    For a 32, if you're going to carry it, push it has hard as you can.

I'm not in the "smaller isn't effective" camp, but you need some stink on a .312 if you're going to prove a point.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN

Found a video on Honeybadgers. Around 14" penetration.
    The nice thing about the Lehigh bullets, and 148gr Wadcutters is clothing doesn't seem do anything to them. I imagine the Wadcutters would just shove the clothing right into the wound. But BBI would know more about that than I do.

I load these up.
    View attachment 383930

Get HBWCs, they're more consistent in velocity and a better seal against the barrel, especially at lower velocities.

SJWC are the ideal with a really fast powder like Titegroup and Universal. Problem is we're getting into cold weather season, and this isn't the time for 38 Specials.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Get HBWCs, they're more consistent in velocity and a better seal against the barrel, especially at lower velocities.

SJWC are the ideal with a really fast powder like Titegroup and Universal. Problem is we're getting into cold weather season, and this isn't the time for 38 Specials.
    Thank you. I've got 100 left of the Berry's.
    So my next order will get some HBWC.

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    . . .
    So we are talking about the heavy coat etc that people will be wearing stopping the bullet from getting significant penetration? Then is winter the time to put those .357 Magnums into use? Winter has a whole set of problems including gloves and different carry location.

I thought I had some MagTec full wad cutters, but pulled the box out and they actually are SJSP-flat. Probably use those at the range.

Top Bottom