My first at bat, ever. wildcat valley steel match.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I shot for the first time this weekend in a match, and I hate to say it, but I think I'm hooked. This is my first time shooting at multiple targets, for any reason, and my first time shooting in any sort of match. I know I'm standing like a grandpa(no offense to the grandpas out there :)
    Thanks to everyone who made my first time an enjoyable experience. Everyone there was awesome. The Frankenglock 24 ran like a champ. Its a 22 RTF2 frame, with the 24 slide, and lone wolf barrel. Polished everywhere the trigger group rubs metal on metal, feed ramp, etc. there is a link to the video under the picture.
    25j9gmf.jpg

View My Video

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    Thank you. I will be getting started on reloading ASAP. I want to find someone in lafayette who will tell me what to buy and help me set it up. any volunteers?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Thank you. I will be getting started on reloading ASAP. I want to find someone in lafayette who will tell me what to buy and help me set it up. any volunteers?

I'm in Crawfordsville, if you wanna make a drive down. My set up is a basic single stage setup, but it works well. I'd be glad to show you how reloading works. I don't have a clue about loading with progressives, but a single stage setup can show you what's involved. If your budget or space is tight, a set up like mine is ideal, anyway :)

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I'm in Crawfordsville, if you wanna make a drive down. My set up is a basic single stage setup, but it works well. I'd be glad to show you how reloading works. I don't have a clue about loading with progressives, but a single stage setup can show you what's involved. If your budget or space is tight, a set up like mine is ideal, anyway :)

Single stage sounds good to me. I will PM you when I'm ready to take the plunge, and hopefully you can give me a shopping list(that is if someone in lafayette isn't going to help. IF all is well, showing me how to use my own set would be stellar! Thanks so much!

+1:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Just out of curiosity, why the Lone Wolf barrel if you're not shooting reloads? Do you shoot lead rounds currently?

That is good shooting for your first time out. You should check out IDPA/USPSA too. There is an IDPA match this coming Saturday in Atlanta which shouldn't be too far away from you.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    Just out of curiosity, why the Lone Wolf barrel if you're not shooting reloads? Do you shoot lead rounds currently?

That is good shooting for your first time out. You should check out IDPA/USPSA too. There is an IDPA match this coming Saturday in Atlanta which shouldn't be too far away from you.

I got the gun used, so it didnt come with a stock barrel. I started collecting brass as soon as i started using the barrel though.

Siderite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Glad you made it out and enjoyed it! I was there as well, but didn't realize it was you - sorry. Drop by the Purdue Rifle and Pistol Club Monday night (7pm, Armory) if you want chat/practice IDPA stuff for the Atlanta match next weekend (I'll be in the IDPA hat).

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    Glad you made it out and enjoyed it! I was there as well, but didn't realize it was you - sorry. Drop by the Purdue Rifle and Pistol Club Monday night (7pm, Armory) if you want chat/practice IDPA stuff for the Atlanta match next weekend (I'll be in the IDPA hat).

Ill try to make it tonight. Maybe even join purdue rifle/pistol club.

Kodiak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Reloading

gomez.ra8 glad you had an enjoyable time at the steel match, I live in Lafayette and shot with you the day of the shoot, I shot with my son and we shot the single action revolvers. I will show you how to reload, I load on a progressive, and loaded single stage last year so I can show you both. just let me know.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    gomez.ra8 glad you had an enjoyable time at the steel match, I live in Lafayette and shot with you the day of the shoot, I shot with my son and we shot the single action revolvers. I will show you how to reload, I load on a progressive, and loaded single stage last year so I can show you both. just let me know.

Awesome, I will let you know when im ready to start. and Welcome to the site!

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    now that you have broken your cherry it is time to start banging everything out there....try an IDPA and USPSA match!!!

IDPA is a lot of fun. I went to the match at Atlanta last month (and will be attending the one this weekend) and even though it was my first time doing anything other than standing still and shooting at a public range, I felt safe, comfortable, and most importantly, welcome. I was pretty nervous :n00b: at first but once I got a bit more comfortable (which was by the time I got to the last stage :laugh:) I shot pretty well. No one made fun of my crappy shooting, and the guys I shot with were all friendly.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville

If you need any help, i would be more than glad to! I have a dillon 650 all decked out with rt1200 trimmer and all the goody's:rockwoot: I also have a turret press as well...so any direction you want to go i will be willing to lend a hand.

Top Bottom