• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    There is one thing that cannot be denied about the left-wing, liberal, Democratic Party, they know how to fight very well. There is no denying they have been able to get their message heard among their supporters in a very strategic fashion, while the other side has been relegated to back-house snickers about the "lies" they tell. Those who have ran the Democratic political races have kicked their opponents butts for the past eight years and I'm afraid that record of success is going to continue.

I've seen several polls and petitions put out by those supporting gun rights. These forms of support are signed by a few hundred people. Those putting them out are not known and are probably just some frustrated citizens like many of us. On the other hand, the other side has a few petitions out, but they are, again, very strategic in getting their message out to the masses. They have tens of thousands signatures with a goal of a certain number before they forward them to the elected officials, while ours will sit in cyberspace, only to be forgotten.

I've heard so many derogatory statements (although true for the most part) made by our side about Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Dianne Feinstein, Bill Clinton, President Obama, etc., however, who are the leading voices for our side? I know someone will say Wayne LaPierre will be making the circuit of talk shows, but is he the only voice?

I just hope we aren't putting our hope in truth that is not heard, while the lies can be heard and seen in every part of our media.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My dad asked me a good question today.

Are there ANY celebrities and big names that are talking out against any type of gun control?

Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    Your point is being blasted all over the tv as we speak. They can't say it enough times that none of the NRA reps would answer off the cuff questions, and today they have found out that all of the pro gun A+ rated politicians will not not respond to any appearances or comments so they are jumping on that like a sign we know we are in the wrong and have no defense. "We asked all of these pro gun senators to appear and respond but we heard no reply".

Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    All I have seen so far is Mad Man Ted and Samuel l jackson.

Why aren't any of the hunting shows, military channels, cmt somebody at least airing something. I don't expect pro AR at this point but at least asking about something else beside gun control as a answer

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    liberal media = liberal nation.

So, there aren't any conservative/pro gun radio, television, satellite or print media? The liberal media was begging for opposing views last week and not one politician was available. That excuse that the other side capitalizes on tragedy has gotten old. Why ridicule their success when they continue to be successful with their strange?

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Well, one person who is stopping the tidal wave is Pres. Obama himself. He appointed a commission to offer suggestions on legislation based on observations to be considered by yada yada yada... This is the most obvious "We couldn't get any meaningful gun control legislation passed because these evil Republicans blocked it. Vote them out!" midterm ploy he could have done.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I have to believe there are still more sensible people in this nation than there are those that react to sensationalism and the media hype. But there are a lot of them, the "sheeple".

I have for years read a lot, formed my own opinions and let the others squabble about the issues at hand. This time, I am reading and reading and reading and the more I read on this topic, the more I realize I cannot stand by and let the others squabble about something that could affect my family and my children ~for years to come.

I've read about the bans in other "advanced, civilized" countries and how they have miserably failed to achieve what they set out to do. I think in disbelief how my president can see the mayhem taking place in his home city and yet he still gives the task to a crazy old man to find a solution to what is perceived as a problem by those sheeple. I think he's just looking to protect his name from being attached to a time that history will document as a bad idea.. Yet even with all this, it seems none of those sensible people have spoken out with sensible solutions to the issue...and let us be clear that the issue is not guns in the hands of law abiding citizens.

I believe securing our schools by whatever means is an important step. I also, believe for those who wish to own firearms there must be a greater degree of education for how, when, where and what situations one should and should not involve firearms. But sadly, that statement makes me realize you cannot teach common sense. Which is, I believe, the lack of common sense that led to the events in Sandy Hook.

No, I don't have the solution either. But I do realize it is time for me to get up and make it a point every day to contact those who can make a difference and share my strong feeling about this topic with them.

Last edited:

bksboiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011

I agree with QUE on this 100%. That is whatupsets me so much about the lack of response from the NRA for so many days(Yes, I am a member). Since they didn't speak up, it created a huge void andvacuum that allowed the ANTI GUN Voices to be the only thing heard. I thinkthis has as much to do with some of the A+ rated politicians waffling earlierthis week on their commitment to 2A rights.

Where is the industry right now? I'm trying tofigure out where all these folks are, we know that manyprofession athletes areavid outdoorsman and gun owners. I have to believe that more than just TomSelleck is pro 2A in Hollywood; surely a musician or singer is an outdoorsmanor woman and enjoys his/her right to own firearms. Where are they?

Without that kind of support, I'm afraid thatQue's fears will be realized. In order to have a discussion or even an argumentyou have to have two people that have different/counter viewpoints talking.Right now at the national level both in politics and the media we only have 1side of this discussion being present.

I love ole' Uncle Ted, and he does gun owners agreat service, but he cannot be the only one out there. Look at the commercialin the earlier thread, many ethnicities ;many genres represented, sports,movies, TV, comedy, drama, etc.

Please don’t get me wrong the voice of thecitizen in the most important voice, but without some “famous” people standingup its going to be difficult.

Also I think that if we dismiss the commissionjust because the VP is running the show, we’re doing ourselves in. Did you everconsider that the commission may simply rubber stamp whatever is planned justso they could say that it has “bi-partisan support and all viewpoints wereconsidered”?

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They couldn't get the people they asked to show up. That doesn't mean there aren't any.
    And anyone that shows up, is probably getting set up. Hard to get your message out when they talk over you and say you're a child killer.

Penn (from Penn & Teller) just went on a show. He did a great job. They weren't happy.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not sure it benefits our side to enter the discussion now. The other side benefits from discussing while emotions are high and people are looking to blame. We benefit when the general public settles down a bit and starts to think rationally again.

We shouldn't let them drag us in the mud. We should pick our own battleground. Remember Sun Tzu? Wait until the babbling fool (Biden) comes out with his recommendations and address things then. We should do it with a plan, on the balls of our feat, as opposed to letting them get us back on our heals.

In the mean time, we need to overrun our representatives with our thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    They couldn't get the people they asked to show up. That doesn't mean there aren't any.
    And anyone that shows up, is probably getting set up. Hard to get your message out when they talk over you and say you're a child killer.
    Or imply as much through their interrogation disguised as an "interview". As one spokesman for gun rights put it about a dozen or so years ago (paraphrased), "... it becomes more difficult (and/or makes one less likely) to respond to what amounts to an invitation to a public lynching."

I'm not sure it benefits our side to enter the discussion now. The other side benefits from discussing while emotions are high and people are looking to blame. We benefit when the general public settles down a bit and starts to think rationally again.

We shouldn't let them drag us in the mud. We should pick our own battleground. Remember Sun Tzu? Wait until the babbling fool (Biden) comes out with his recommendations and address things then.
    Yeah, something like that.

Certainly doesn't rule out communication with one's representatives and/or expression of viewpoints on a more personal level.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI

We shouldn't let them drag us in the mud. We should pick our own battleground. Remember Sun Tzu? Wait until the babbling fool (Biden) comes out with his recommendations and address things then. We should do it with a plan, on the balls of our feat, as opposed to letting them get us back on our heals.

In the mean time, we need to overrun our representatives with our thoughts on the matter.

This ^^^ is the best plan I have hard so far anywhere.

Que, I believe you are right, but just like them we need to be working together with people that can draw attention and support for our side of the argument. Problem is that almost anyone today can be easily persuaded by the almighty greenbacks especially celebrities. They think coming out in support for our side that they will be outcast in their field and it could cost them their career, and is most likely exactly what would happen. Nobody stands for anything anymore unless it's the popular thing or their is money involved. Sad but true

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    There is one thing that cannot be denied about the left-wing, liberal, Democratic Party, they know how to fight very well. There is no denying they have been able to get their message heard among their supporters in a very strategic fashion, while the other side has been relegated to back-house snickers about the "lies" they tell. Those who have ran the Democratic political races have kicked their opponents butts for the past eight years and I'm afraid that record of success is going to continue.

I've seen several polls and petitions put out by those supporting gun rights. These forms of support are signed by a few hundred people. Those putting them out are not known and are probably just some frustrated citizens like many of us. On the other hand, the other side has a few petitions out, but they are, again, very strategic in getting their message out to the masses. They have tens of thousands signatures with a goal of a certain number before they forward them to the elected officials, while ours will sit in cyberspace, only to be forgotten.

I've heard so many derogatory statements (although true for the most part) made by our side about Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Dianne Feinstein, Bill Clinton, President Obama, etc., however, who are the leading voices for our side? I know someone will say Wayne LaPierre will be making the circuit of talk shows, but is he the only voice?

I just hope we aren't putting our hope in truth that is not heard, while the lies can be heard and seen in every part of our media.

You make a very good point, but as there is no rationale for their spouting of nonsense and infringement, it makes me think that their stranglehold on the mass media cannot hold forever, that at some point the public will have to start thinking critically, if not because of media honesty, then in spite of media dishonesty. We have to combat this war of words with simple, clear reasoning, not the half-reasons and mis-articulations of the heated or jumbled phrases we often leap to. We need to formulate a serious, cogent list of talking points and stick to those whenever confronted by the confiscators. We must focus our efforts to persuade people that we are normal, law-abiding citizens who wish no ill except to those who wish us and our loved ones ill; that we are not crazy nor hostile nor disturbed, but concerned, generally philanthropic citizens who are more upstanding than we've been continually made out to be by the mass misinformation machine. We must have focus and spread our message with clarity instead of getting trampled or drawn into red-herring non-sequiturs and strawmen.

To paraphrase a verse from my favorite book:

We therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight we, not as those who beateth the air.

We must get organized and have at least a cheat-sheet to succinctly counter their points. Long, drawn-out explanations get nowhere in an age of ten-second soundbites. Short, to the point, and cutting to the quick. :ingo:

Last edited:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Well, everyone knows the media and their followers claim all the NRA could answer was more firearms. So why are they arguing about firearms? Their obviously against teachers, volunteer, military and police protecting these schools. Let the media and anti's come up with a solution for gfz's and leave firearms out of it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom