• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    On the weekends, my dog Barney gets sick. He refuses to eat anything, even treats, until mid-day. Which is very unusual. Normally he eats everything as soon and as fast as he can.

Also, on the weekends, he is VERY gassy. I have to turn the fan on and open the windows. He almost clears the house.

The strange thing is, he's not like this during the week. And he never eats anything unusual.

Anyone have any ideas why he's like this every weekend?

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    What's unusual?

Does he get a lot of vegetable protein in his food?

We have had really good luck with not giving our dog ANY people food. He doesn't beg at the table and seems to be very regular and non-gassy. Hard not to toss him tidbits but the system seems to work well.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Take away all the calendars in the house and stop talking about what day it is at home. He'll soon forget to fake it on the weekends since he won't know when the weekend is anymore.

Mind = blown.

cmstuard

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Like singlestacksig said...schedule is important to some dogs. Is he outside more during the weekends? Also, do you do anything in the house or yard that he could be having a reaction from that you only do on the weekends?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    His weekend schedule is the same as the week schedule.

Although he does stay up later on Friday nights, since we stay up later that night....

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Clearly, the dog is injesting something something on Friday night. My wife only eats chocolate on the weekend (IDK why, please don't ask). Also, we get Pizza every Friday. You've got some investigating to do, sir.
    Somebody is slipping that dog something.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Do you smoke or do anything similar around him on Friday nights? Is he exposed to anything he could inhale? Smoke, car exhaust etc.

Do you have any special Friday foods you share or he steals? Is he getting any cheese or dairy on Fridays?

Maybe he's just like a kid. They usually don't get sick until all the doctor's offices are closed.

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    Is he dumpster diving in the kitchen for pizza leftovers? I found that my dog can open the lid and root around without disturbing the garbage bin.

Does he get to go outside or maybe somewhere else in the house on Friday's that he doesn't get access to on weekdays. Another dog I had liked to lick the pesticide line I sprayed for ants.

I hope you find the cause. Good luck.

Top Bottom