• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    My buddy at work went on vacation this week to get some stuff done around the house (doing a remodel) and someone broke into his van late last night or early this morning... When he got up he went out to get something out of his van and noticed his ashtray was gone then noticed all his CD's were gone... Needless to say he was pissed, more about his ashtray missing then anything else... I told him to check the yard and bushes and he did.. About 2 hours later I was at work and he text me that he found his ashtray in the side yard... This is the 2nd time his van has been broken into and his house has been broken into before also... He lives in Muncie, I told him to get some wireless cameras and mount one on the drive and the others at the front door and one at the back door.. Don't know if he will or not but I sure world... Might even get some for my house just because.. It pisses me off that someone would break into anything I hate a thief... As I posted before they don't want me to find out who steals my stuff, there will be hell to pay... An all they took off me was a trail camera.. But justice was served.. I hope he finds out who did this I will be glad to help deal some justice with him..

cheese

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Granger
    I've had mine broken into plenty of times. There's nothing worse then a low life thief to make your comfort zone feel violated.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    he could add some motion-detector lights, too.

I have motion lights and I have learned all it does is give them the light they need to get what they want. :dunno:

Last break in to our vehicles and shed lost well over 6K worth of fishing gear. And I provided the light.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have motion lights and I have learned all it does is give them the light they need to get what they want. :dunno:

Last break in to our vehicles and shed lost well over 6K worth of fishing gear. And I provided the light.

That really sucks how things worked out for you, but I really think most of the time it does work as a deterrent as they don't want to be "spot lighted" that however is obviously not always true...

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I saw on yahoo how criminals are adjusting to everyone's motion lights and they aren't as effective as they once were... I will try to find that article.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Yea he thinks he knows who done it but you have to prove they did it... Punk kid is who did it, 17-18yr old.... But to just loose some change and a few CD's he ain't gonna make a big deal of it... I told him I would come by and we could go to the neighbors house... The neighbor has even told him about his son being a thief...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Some idiots broke into my F150 years ago at the place I used to live. They busted out the beer window to gain entry.......what really pissed me off was both doors were UNLOCKED! Stole a cheapo pioneer radio.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Some idiots broke into my F150 years ago at the place I used to live. They busted out the beer window to gain entry.......what really pissed me off was both doors were UNLOCKED! Stole a cheapo pioneer radio.

Never heard that term before. Learn something new every day and today, that's it.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

I have a buddy who had the soft top on his vehicle cut to steal stuff out of it... And as in your case the doors were unlocked... Really pissed him off as the top cost over 10times what they stole!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Don't do what a buddy of mine did, he was standing next to the truck with a bat when the slimeball slithered out with the radio in his hands. My buddy though he taught the guy a lesson, and ended up getting arrested.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Don't do what a buddy of mine did, he was standing next to the truck with a bat when the slimeball slithered out with the radio in his hands. My buddy though he taught the guy a lesson, and ended up getting arrested.

Thats how the law works.
    He should have finished it by throwing the perp in the bed of the truck, driven him out to the woods and dropped him off.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    He should have finished it by throwing the perp in the bed of the truck, driven him out to the woods and dropped him off.

Another great use for the beer window! Throw the guy in the back of the truck, and occasionally reach through the beer window and punch him.......if he has slid to the back of the bed, out of reach, just tap the brakes until he's back in range.

Top Bottom