• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I'm not sure if something like this exists, but I am a suppressor noob. I am beginning to piece together an AR 9mm. I would like to use a 7" barrel with a 9" handguard, and use something like a flash can as the muzzle device. I may end up getting a suppressor, and I was wondering if there is a QD suppressor mount that would allow me to use it tucked under a rail when unsuppressed.

I was thinking about something like this, where the brake has something like a "cover" that can be screwed on when unsuppressed.

Ferfrans Concussion Reduction Device Modular Muzzle Brake System CRD- Primary Arms

Obviously that one wouldn't work tucked under a rail due to the holes in the "cover", but I think you get the idea.

Sorry if this isn't explained to well. Thanks!

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    With a 7" barrel under a 9" rail, you could run a Noveske KX3 or KX5 to get just past the rail, that's what I done on my 9mm build while I waited for my suppressor.

If I may suggest, don't screw yourself and get that silly 1/2"-36 barrel thread, get one threaded 1/2"-28, there's many more options for you then. Just make sure a 9mm will fit through it. :)

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Yes, if you get an AAC or YHM, there is an SSS Brake Shield which directs all of the blast forward. I have a 12.5" .308 SBR and I use a brake to save the suppressor's blast baffle. Here is the blast shield on my YHM qd brake.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    With a 7" barrel under a 9" rail, you could run a Noveske KX3 or KX5 to get just past the rail, that's what I done on my 9mm build while I waited for my suppressor.

If I may suggest, don't screw yourself and get that silly 1/2"-36 barrel thread, get one threaded 1/2"-28, there's many more options for you then. Just make sure a 9mm will fit through it. :)

Hopefully one of these days Noveske will get some KX5's in stock again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Care to elaborate? Or is this some kind of LT6 piece that we can't talk about?

I like that.....who is LT-6....:):

Actually I used a 10.5" barrel with a 12" Troy free float. I used a piece of aluminum bar stock and spent the morning on the lathe making it "Look" like a sound device. It is solid with a .275 hole through it. 1/2X28 tapped hole to mount it to the barrel and the length is in spec.
    Fits in the railed handgaurd like it was made for it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I like that.....who is LT-6....:):

Actually I used a 10.5" barrel with a 12" Troy free float. I used a piece of aluminum bar stock and spent the morning on the lathe making it "Look" like a sound device. It is solid with a .275 hole through it. 1/2X28 tapped hole to mount it to the barrel and the length is in spec.
    Fits in the railed handgaurd like it was made for it.

Standard LT6 equipment. :shady:

AboveTheBest

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Bloomington
    I'm not sure if something like this exists, but I am a suppressor noob. I am beginning to piece together an AR 9mm. I would like to use a 7" barrel with a 9" handguard, and use something like a flash can as the muzzle device. I may end up getting a suppressor, and I was wondering if there is a QD suppressor mount that would allow me to use it tucked under a rail when unsuppressed.

I don't know the answer to the QD part of the question, but what I did was use a 5.5" Flash Hider from Del-ton when shooting my 9mm unsuppressed. I have a 5.5" barrel and a 7" rail, which gives it a good overall length (in my opinion), and I don't have to worry about shooting my fingers off with a stubby barrel.

I second the warning against the 1/2"x36 threading. I think you will find you wont have an issue using most of the .223 flash hiders with the 1/2"x28 thread.

Link to Del-ton's 5.5" flash hider:
    Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 5.5" Flash Hider

Top Bottom