multiple stripped lower ffl transfer fees!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    Am I out of line to ask why I got charged a full transfer fee for each one? One background check and write down the serial numbers. WTF

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Yes. Because most places it is per gun. Not per package that comes in. You should of asked before your transferree. Some places have done a discount for multiple guns. But your the one buying somewhere else so they'll get their money out of you.

Davecz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Dyer
    Per form you could do 5 firearms, find someone else to do the transfer its no extra work they are just being greedy. My FFL charges $20 up to 5 guns.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    My local FFL charges $20 an item.
    My old FFL used to charge $20 per form but they had customers who would let firearms pile up for a month so they could pick them up at once and save the transfer fees. The FFL got tired of basically storing this guys stuff for a month or longer.

M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    I'm in Bedford but I use Four seasons gun shop in Bloomington. Cosners gun shop has a lot of inventory to look at. If you want to be ignored then overcharged try them. I'll drive 25 minutes out of my way for better customer service in Bloomington.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    I'm in Bedford but I use Four seasons gun shop in Bloomington. Cosners gun shop has a lot of inventory to look at. If you want to be ignored then overcharged try them. I'll drive 25 minutes out of my way for better customer service in Bloomington.

If you know what you want check out Gabharts in Bedford. Fairly new so not much inventory but good service and he can get you whatever you want. Not sure what he charges for transfers.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    It seems like some FFL holders are in the business just to take advantage of customers. Others seem to be interested in building a long-term client base by treating customer fairly and with respect. Unfortunately there are more of the former than the latter.

Always clarify the terms before engaging the FFL in a deal. That's not 100% protection but at least you asked. I was swindled by Mr. Perkins at Bare Arms in Noblesville on an FFL transfer. He quoted me $35 over the phone but when I went to pickup the firearm he charged me $50 because, as he explained, "it was more trouble than I anticipated." Of course I had no recourse since I either paid him the extra money or I didn't get my gun. But I will never set foot in that store again and I tell everyone I can that Bare Arms is not a reputable shop.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby

Well said.
    4 seasons will also do $20 for first, then $5 for each additional stripped lower. That's at least what they quoted me back in sept.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    It seems like some FFL holders are in the business just to take advantage of customers. Others seem to be interested in building a long-term client base by treating customer fairly and with respect. Unfortunately there are more of the former than the latter.

Always clarify the terms before engaging the FFL in a deal. That's not 100% protection but at least you asked. I was swindled by Mr. Perkins at Bare Arms in Noblesville on an FFL transfer. He quoted me $35 over the phone but when I went to pickup the firearm he charged me $50 because, as he explained, "it was more trouble than I anticipated." Of course I had no recourse since I either paid him the extra money or I didn't get my gun. But I will never set foot in that store again and I tell everyone I can that Bare Arms is not a reputable shop.

That place sucks. I'm another one that tells everyone to avoid that place. I wouldn't go in there if they gave me free .22 ammo.
    I drive right past it to go to Marksman shooting Sports in Westfield. $20 transfers. Chris is a great guy. Give your $ to someone that cares about his customers.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Who in Bedford does that?

Sorry, didn't mean to be misleading. My preferred shop is a shop "back home in NE Indiana", very near 21st Century Firearms but transfers are cheaper than 21st Century.

As far as transfers "down here" I use Four Seasons in Bloomington. I'm not particularly impressed with them as a whole, but their transfers are reasonable so I'm not complaining.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I can see why they are trying to charge for every stripped lower.

The LGS's are gouging on stripped lowers. Been to most LGS's around Indy, Lowest I have seen is $69.99 for an Anderson. Most are in the 80 to 100 range.

The LGS's are very competitive on complete firearms... so I don't know why the stripped lowers are so dang expensive locally.

Go online, AIM is blowing them out for $39.95, PSA gets to the $49.99 level a lot on blems, often with free shipping. Often you need a magnifying glass to see the blem.

There are a bunch of spaces on each 4473, so WHY the heck should it cost $5 or whatever more for the same dang 4473 for multiples.

We need to amend the laws so we can ship in from out of state. There is no reason PSA/AIm can't handle the 4473 remotely. Hell the Civilian Marksmanship program does this now by law. But then again, someone could ask why we are using a 1960s process in 2015......

Top Bottom