• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Introduction video from November...
    [video=youtube;o6FYr0N3xt8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6FYr0N3xt8[/video]

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There is a thread on this somewhere on INGO already, I can't say dupe as I've not found the original.

Something was said about it being cool to shoot at a wheel of cheese with one of these and have it cut it into thirds for you... :D

Mall ninja was also mentioned.

JimboCX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I would assume that it would be a +P to compensate for the tethered frag? It would need higher bullet speed to hit with the same impact since it is now split between 4 frags.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    My first thoughts and questions on this ammo:

The string is a strong fiber radiating from center of aim. It helps make a nice 3 pt bayonet cut on a paper target, but what kind of secondary damage is the string causing?

How does this perform with ballistics gel and realistic dummy targets?

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    After a long and fruitless search, I have found ZERO ballistics gel tests on this ammo. Military Arms channel on youtube was supposed to have one according to one of his articles from 3 months back, but no dice...

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Nice for Mall Ninjas and ammo collectors of which I am one.
    I will likely get a box and call it good.

How much mass do you loose shooting a plastic bullet and how much velocity is lost when it opens like a parachute? Net loss here seem to make more practice so you are more accurate a far better choice than this gimmick when faced with a BG who wants to do you harm. The big news here is this will fail.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The technology is not new, and neither is the idea.
    I saw 12ga "Bolo" rounds at gun shows 20 years ago.

Can you say "Flash in the pan"?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    One, very expensive to manufacture. B, if it fails to separate properly or tangles, you'll have a big error flopping around out there. Third, even perfectly functioning, each projectile will start with less than 1/3 the energy of a single solid, and that string will be all drag. You'll lose velocity and energy fast, and likely wander off point of aim, so whatever effectiveness this thing could have would be at very short range.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Oh no. Somebody found out about my 1978 tests with 20 gage round ball and stainless steel braided cable.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    This round is so full of fail it is unbelievable. Start with a 230gr .45 acp bullet, subtract lets say 20gr for the center spool and thread, then divide by 3 to get projectiles of around 70 grains. Given a generous beginning muzzle velocity of 900fps and the added drag from the thread, I would be interested to see the impact channels if any of the 3 70 gr fragments and connecting thread.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    If a hollow-point can get clogged with clothing (denim/leather, etc) then I can image the cables/fibres slowing down or even stopping any penetration of the three smaller projectiles (70 gr each estimated above) if they hit against any stout clothing. The cables will whistle on their way to the target and if it is a longer way away, the target can hear it coming and duck!

Top Bottom