• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I am impressed that you feel so much smarter than "an enlightened group like this". Good for you!

You will find many on this board that are not buying into the frenzy.

Troll is a troll does.

To add to Hoosier8's evaluation, the door to this group swings both ways, you're free to leave if we're beneath you, however, I think the troll moniker assigned to you has been validated.

Stevenlong8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Monroe Co.
    Itch

My trigger finger doesn't itch, I scratch it often. As long as I can buy a round at a time. Cause' Yall know we donts has lots ah muney heres.:noway::n00b:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think W.C. Field's summed it up best - but an enlightened group like this already knows the rest of that quote!

Not only does this enlightened group know the quote... we also know that it was P.T. Barnum, not W.C. Fields who said it.

Congratulations. You just earned yourself some red-rep.
    troll1.gif
    I encourage others to do likewise.

Blessings,
    B

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    :40oz: :popcorn:

Hoarding my popcorn and diet coke as we speak!

And I love my easter european crap. I guess it is junk, but dang if it has not appreciated in value! Wish I have 50 more to sell at this time... (cause I am hoarding mine! :): )

Oh, BTW, don't feed the trolls, unless you find it hilarious. If they upset you, walk away as suggestions for betterment yelled from a cardboard box under the overpass really don't carry much weight. But if you find them fun...

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    I think Steven makes some good points in this thread. If he'd adopt a little more subtlety to his approach - his reception would be a little warmer. Guys with 10 posts that start threads like this usually are branded as "trolls".

In the conventional sense of the term "troll", Steven would be posting this for his own amusement. He is obviously passionate about the current economic conditions (ie housing market and the Big Auto Bailout). I like hearing dissenting opinions as they indicate original thought. A lot of you guys seem to travel in packs and spend a great deal of time on this forum repping each other and flooding threads with "+1s".

You may not agree with him 100%, but there's no need to dogpile on him because you disagree.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Hell - I'm selling parts of my collection as well I doubt you even own a gun.- with guys like you justifying the higher prices - in such an elegant manner - it's a seller's market! It's too bad most of you probably fall into the group that is suffering the most as a fallout from the Bush administration's economic policies -Are you looking to make Friends here with that type of condescending tone? Or are you just trying to be a punk? or you'd be able to put that same passion into buying cars and save Detroit!!! As it is you're probably scraping together what's left of your 401K's - or children's college money (those of you with kids who planned to actually send them to college) - so that you can pay three times what a gun is actually worth. Neg Rep for that line of crap.I think W.C. Field's summed it up best - but an enlightened group like this already knows the rest of that quote! Wait a couple of months and see if your friendly dealer will buy those guns back - at half of what they sold them for - when you need the money for groceries!

We won't need no stinking groceries, we have all been putting away food, you know just in case. :p

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I like hearing dissenting opinions as they indicate original thought. A lot of you guys seem to travel in packs and spend a great deal of time on this forum repping each other and flooding threads with "+1s".

You may not agree with him 100%, but there's no need to dogpile on him because you disagree.

Steelman, I will take you up on that. I am usually one not to call someone a troll, usually I give every benefit of the doubt and try not to name call. Tonight I did otherwise.

So, let's start over here and have a conversation. Fair is fair and I also like dissenting voices.

How shall we begin? Let's start by restating the two points in the initial thread (and fill in what I missed, please):

1. Obama has a disaster on his hands and has bigger fish to fry than us gun owners.

2. Gun stores are taking advantage of the free market system to gouge gun owners, in part by intentionally fueling the fires of fear and ignorance of fair price.

Did I miss something?

Oh, and if the OP is not a troll, then I hope he comes forward to talk more and give us a chance to know him better!

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Seems he would sale it for the 1985 price he paid for it, otherwise someone might feel he's trying to make money on it, like those evil gun dealers. He just likes to sell guns. :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think Steven makes some good points in this thread. If he'd adopt a little more subtlety to his approach - his reception would be a little warmer. Guys with 10 posts that start threads like this usually are branded as "trolls".

In the conventional sense of the term "troll", Steven would be posting this for his own amusement. He is obviously passionate about the current economic conditions (ie housing market and the Big Auto Bailout). I like hearing dissenting opinions as they indicate original thought. A lot of you guys seem to travel in packs and spend a great deal of time on this forum repping each other and flooding threads with "+1s".

It's not his points that earned him that branding, Steelman, it's his "knock the chip off my shoulder" attitude and his insulting manner that did it.
    FFL dealers are making a profit off current market conditions: How dare those capitalist swine think they have the right to make a profit?! This alone would not be bad, but to then go on and say he's doing the same thing smacks of the pot and kettle analogy. I don't know that this wasn't posted solely for his own amusement to watch us twitch on the string he laid out there, either. Parrotting the Brady claims of us lying in wait with itchy trigger fingers for someone at the window does not tend to endear someone to me. The housing market drop? Big Auto bailout? I'm not crazy about either of those issues either, but you don't see me coming in and crapping on the floor and daring someone to say something about it.

Dissenting opinions are fine, even welcome. I've heard quite a few on here and had spirited but very polite discussions with people whose opinions just had me shaking my head in wonder. I've called "troll" perhaps three times and red-rep'd now four people. Two of those were insulting this entire community, but all four earned what they got.

This brings me to my final point: The rep system. It's not here just to build those little green and gold bars under our names. It's here to give people an idea of the person posting and the general community opinion of them. "Traveling in packs" could also be seen as making friends of like mind, which is not a bad thing. Repping each other is what happens when we each make a good point about something. When someone makes a particularly good point IMHO, I've posted to suggest that multiple people reward it-but that works both ways. When someone comes across by his/her attitude and manner in an insulting, derogatory tone, those attitudes will be "rewarded" by that person losing a bit of "standing" in the community. I've been honored by favorable opinions around here in part because my tone isn't like that he displayed. To those who've thought it worthy, I am grateful, but I didn't get here by crapping all over the members and the community as a whole.

If he has good points to make, fine, I'll listen, but I won't have my friends and myself be the target of his derision and say/do nothing about it.

Blessings,
    B

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    It's not his points that earned him that branding, Steelman, it's his "knock the chip off my shoulder" attitude and his insulting manner that did it.
    FFL dealers are making a profit off current market conditions: How dare those capitalist swine think they have the right to make a profit?! This alone would not be bad, but to then go on and say he's doing the same thing smacks of the pot and kettle analogy. I don't know that this wasn't posted solely for his own amusement to watch us twitch on the string he laid out there, either. Parrotting the Brady claims of us lying in wait with itchy trigger fingers for someone at the window does not tend to endear someone to me. The housing market drop? Big Auto bailout? I'm not crazy about either of those issues either, but you don't see me coming in and crapping on the floor and daring someone to say something about it.

Dissenting opinions are fine, even welcome. I've heard quite a few on here and had spirited but very polite discussions with people whose opinions just had me shaking my head in wonder. I've called "troll" perhaps three times and red-rep'd now four people. Two of those were insulting this entire community, but all four earned what they got.

This brings me to my final point: The rep system. It's not here just to build those little green and gold bars under our names. It's here to give people an idea of the person posting and the general community opinion of them. "Traveling in packs" could also be seen as making friends of like mind, which is not a bad thing. Repping each other is what happens when we each make a good point about something. When someone makes a particularly good point IMHO, I've posted to suggest that multiple people reward it-but that works both ways. When someone comes across by his/her attitude and manner in an insulting, derogatory tone, those attitudes will be "rewarded" by that person losing a bit of "standing" in the community. I've been honored by favorable opinions around here in part because my tone isn't like that he displayed. To those who've thought it worthy, I am grateful, but I didn't get here by crapping all over the members and the community as a whole.

If he has good points to make, fine, I'll listen, but I won't have my friends and myself be the target of his derision and say/do nothing about it.

Blessings,
    B

I know he came off kinda rough, but when you're getting "rep bombed" from all sides, that can put a person on the defensive. The Rep system works pretty well when it's not used as a weapon.

Not taking sides, just a casual observation. Just hate to see some new guy getting picked on when he wasn't really THAT bad. Bad, yes. Bad enough to have everyone neg rep him en masse, no. Reminds me of those online video games where everyone shoots the n00b over and over again.

Right now we need all the friends we can get. Even if the friends need a little "coaching".

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I know he came off kinda rough, but when you're getting "rep bombed" from all sides, that can put a person on the defensive. The Rep system works pretty well when it's not used as a weapon.

I guess you didn't see his comments to me over in the "Gun Shopping with my Wife" thread in "Women & Firearms." They're gone now, and rightfully so, so I won't say any more about the content, but "troll" is the mildest epithet he's earned from me.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I guess you didn't see his comments to me over in the "Gun Shopping with my Wife" thread in "Women & Firearms." They're gone now, and rightfully so, so I won't say any more about the content, but "troll" is the mildest epithet he's earned from me.

:+1:

I did see his comments in that thread. Even though did not reply to it, I did leave neg rep for those comments!

When a person new to a forum starts threads like this one and then makes inappropriate comments in others by my definition he would be a troll. They serve no other purpose other then to stir the membership.
    :twocents:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think this thread has just about served its purpose now, so I'm going to close it. I don't think there's any hope of getting it back on topic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom