Moving Vietnam Veteran Memorial Wall coming to Spencer, IN July 28th-Aug 1st 2022

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D

DanNewman

Hello all,
    In 2013 the Moving Vietnam Veteran Wall (1/2 size replica of the one in Washington, DC) came to Spencer, IN and I heard there were many INGOers there.
    I have the pleasure to announce the 4H Fishing Team is raising enough money to do so again. The deposits to start have been raised but of course there are many other expenses such as room and board for guests, lumber for support, landscaping and so much more.

But most of all this is an Invite to come see it more than anything! Last time there was also people from INGO that brought Humvees, other vehicles and other period stuff that people still talk about today. I would love to see a huge community participation again!

There will be various ceremonies including a Native American blessings of the grounds and wall, OC River Riders Horse flag carrying, a visit from a Huey helicopter, speakers, color guard and so so much more.

Where: Owen County Fairgrounds, IN
    When: July 28th-Aug 1st 2022
    OPEN 24 HOURS A DAY

Learn more about the Moving Wall : www.TheMovingWall.org

We are working on getting shirts done again as the main fundraiser, still working through expenses and design but they are nearly done with fliers headed out to all the VFWs and American Legions in about an 80 mile radius. That will include of course information the Wall but also about ordering shirts.

If you would like to help set up/take down, work security (we need overnights too since its 24hrs), or donate. Please email Kathy at puppy1coco@yahoo.com or call 812-829-0750

Feel free to spread the information far and wide. Thank you

Attachments

• 20220123_123929.jpg
      20220123_123929.jpg
      258.5 KB · Views: 13

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hello all,
    In 2013 the Moving Vietnam Veteran Wall (1/2 size replica of the one in Washington, DC) came to Spencer, IN and I heard there were many INGOers there.
    I have the pleasure to announce the 4H Fishing Team is raising enough money to do so again. The deposits to start have been raised but of course there are many other expenses such as room and board for guests, lumber for support, landscaping and so much more.

But most of all this is an Invite to come see it more than anything! Last time there was also people from INGO that brought Humvees, other vehicles and other period stuff that people still talk about today. I would love to see a huge community participation again!

There will be various ceremonies including a Native American blessings of the grounds and wall, OC River Riders Horse flag carrying, a visit from a Huey helicopter, speakers, color guard and so so much more.

Where: Owen County Fairgrounds, IN
    When: July 28th-Aug 1st 2022
    OPEN 24 HOURS A DAY

Learn more about the Moving Wall : www.TheMovingWall.org

We are working on getting shirts done again as the main fundraiser, still working through expenses and design but they are nearly done with fliers headed out to all the VFWs and American Legions in about an 80 mile radius. That will include of course information the Wall but also about ordering shirts.

If you would like to help set up/take down, work security (we need overnights too since its 24hrs), or donate. Please email Kathy at puppy1coco@yahoo.com or call 812-829-0750

Feel free to spread the information far and wide. Thank you
    Welcome to INGO and thank you for posting this Dan. When a Moving Wall is in the area I always try to make it.

Please click the link below and introduce yourself to the group. Bacon is very popular among NEARLY all the INGOers, looking at your avatar you should fit right in ;)

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Might have to ride up there then!! I tried to find out other places it will be, but the schedule just shows dates? Does it only go where invited? or do they have places they go?

D

DanNewman

Might have to ride up there then!! I tried to find out other places it will be, but the schedule just shows dates? Does it only go where invited? or do they have places they go?
    It's kind of up to people to book it, so yes where they are invited. The operating cost is actually really substantial and they require a deposit before you book dates. It goes all over the country and there are other people with other walls doing the same thing. It's not something that comes around southern Indiana much it seems so happy to be apart of it.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    If your in the N/E corner of the State the Veterans National Shrine and Museum is a must see. Last summer they installed a 7/8 Replica Wall. I've been to The Wall in D.C., this is equally breathtaking. I have 3 friends that reside on that Wall, I visit them often.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    If your in the N/E corner of the State the Veterans National Shrine and Museum is a must see. Last summer they installed a 7/8 Replica Wall. I've been to The Wall in D.C., this is equally breathtaking. I have 3 friends that reside on that Wall, I visit them often.
    I left a bracelet at the wall 1991, I’d worn it for years, and they recovered his remains. I wear one now, hoping to send it to the family, or leave it at the wall, someday, but he was shot down over Laos, they never come back from there…

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I saw it at the old Ft Harrison in Indy several years ago. It is very impressive.
    And sad at the same time. I left and thought about all those names for the rest of the day. One crazy thing was my name was on the wall. Obviously not me of course but It was a weird feeling seeing your exact name on that wall. Made me wonder about him. I attempted to find out more online but couldn't find much.
    His listed cause of death was "misadventure"
    Anyway If you can see it you should.

Big Naughty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Hendricks County
    Thank you for posting this information. My father, nephew and I arrived about 3 minutes before the Huey took off. Phil from Bloomington was very helpful when it came to locating a couple of names my dad wanted to see.

Top Bottom